Wednesday, April 6

Spring break 2011 (cont'd)

I am enjoying this week so much. It's rare time at home, doing errands, wandering, puttering, playing, and being grateful (I know it sounds nerdy but I do pinch myself and think, do I really not have to work from home while I'm here?!). (And I do not!)

Anyway, for posterity, here's what else we've been doing.

Tuesday: KT did stay home with us, and because it rained Monday night, my picnic plan was postponed, so we had our movie day instead. We met DH for lunch at Burger King and then went to see "Hop." (Much better than I expected. Russell Brand is cuter as an animated bunny.) Lots of Skittles were consumed. Afterwards there wasn't much time for anything else, but we did play outside with the neighbor kids and KT got a taste of the trampoline. She likes it. :) She crashed at 6pm and completely missed dinner, but rallied in time for a pleasant bath and regular bedtime. A great day.

Today: AJ and I had big plans to visit the local mall, where he was looking to procure a Pillow Pet. Its a pillow! It's a pet! It's a Pillow Pet! He got a blue triceratops and named it Rex, then changed that to Spike. Lunch at the Food Court! My kids think the mall is the coolest treat -- escalators, elevators, AND a Cookie Company?! Blows their little minds. KT took a Good nap at school and now the 2 of them are involved in a complicated outdoor spy and hide-n-seek game, again with the neighbors. While I sit at the patio table thumb-typing on my phone. Truly handy, these neighbors. Before I picked KT up I vacuumed and dusted the downstairs, did a load of laundry, and scheduled tomorrow (felt good to get that crap done, too):

Thursday: a picnic at Piedmont Park in ATL with my best friend from college. With the kids, of course. And frisbees.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Sherry said...

How awesome!!! Yay for You!!!! (D has been wanting to take M to a movie, so you've inspired me to make that happen.) Oh, and Pillow Pet is one of M's MOST TREASURED POSSESSIONS! No kidding! She's LOVES it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so fabulous, and is making me look forward to my own vacation in May.

I'm glad to hear that KT liked the movie; I want to take Madeline soon as well. :)