Monday, July 25

More on diet/exercise

What I didn't say is that now here at the end of July, I am back to attempting at least 3x a week exercise, and eating as close to 1500 calories a day as I can. I usually go a bit over.

I am eating a lot of whole wheat tortillas and beans. Black beans, fat free refried, and hummus. Drinking water like it's going out of style. I have a bottle of wine in the fridge that I keep wanting to pour a glass from, but I forget to budget for it so there it sits, unopened. Tonight we had one of the Holy Grails of diet food, sugar free Jello. Mmmm. My diet profile on Sparkpeople says I need to eat more slowly. Habitually, I am the first to finish (clean) my small-portioned plate. I eat too fast and therefore try to also clean restaurant plates, which are not well portioned. I'd like to change that. It's hard.

I am pretty certain that nothing will really change on the scale or the clothing size until I make a drastic change to my exercise plan, like taking up running. But I am not quite in that mindframe yet. I WANT to want to run... But I am not 100% convinced the result would be worth the effort.

And I've been having heartburn lately. I know I will need to try some kind of OTC remedy first (blech, chalky torture), but I think if I have to take away my coffee and 1 bitty piece of dark chocolate every day (not to mention tomatoes, salsa, red wine and everything good that's spicy), known reflux-causers, I will just cry.

Now, you know everything about my diet & exercise lately. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Sherry said...

The result wouldn't be worth the knee pain. I am pretty sure I eat at least 2500 calories a day. I would STARVE at 1500. Strange. I do probably average a 30 minute walk a day.

Tess said...

How does SparkPeople KNOW you eat too quickly? That is hilarious. I am the world's WORST food-bolter. Disgusting and ridiculous habit but I CANNOT STOP.

nicole said...

Running has been worth the effort for me, when I make the effort. I'm still not running like I was before Ben, so even though I hit the gym at least four times most weeks I am not seeing the results I was when running more. You need good shoes and to build yourself up slowly.

Good for you for making good food changes. That is where I am just plain stubborn.

Lee said...

@Tess, HAHA! It's a quiz you fill out. It determined I am in the category of "portion distortion" which includes fast eaters.

Another thought, @ everyone... Maybe I should try Zumba instead of running? I think it would up the level of intensity like running. Problem is finding a class at a convenient time.

nicole said...

Zumba is so fun!! If you can find a class that works for you then you must try it. One of the reasons I'm not running as much is because I go to Zumba twice a week, so it cuts into available running time. But it is so fun that I can't miss it.

Sherry said...

Zumba sounds awesome. Hope you can find a convenient class.

Anonymous said...

Zumba sounds super fun. I like kickboxing too, it makes me feel all tough. :)

Rock on with the hard work! You're inspiring me to get moving again!