I did it. I took the day off yesterday. It was so simple. So full, of time, and breath, and quiet and nothing. I felt 9:00 am, outdoors. It's delicous. I took a walk. I stretched afterwards. I did the grocery shopping, without a list. Felt dangerous. But mostly comforting to fill the family's pantry once again. I had lunch with two girlfriends I hadn't seen in 7 years, at a bakery. I ate dessert. I went to the park and read my book for MORE THAN AN HOUR, uninterrupted, except to breathe in the sunshine and fallen leaves, and to brush little green aphids off the page. That's it. That's all I did.
It was an enormous gift, that simple day. Enormous.

7 comments:
Oh, yes. Way to go. When you find yourself internally screaming at your sweet daughter when she says "Mom?" for the millionth time in an hour, you know you need one of those days. I chilled and talked to D for a couple of hours last night, and I hope that did the trick, because I see no day off in my near future.
Good for you! A well-deserved mini-vacation! I am so proud of you for recognizing your need to step back from the daily grind and renew yourself. I love the way you spent your day. You really should do it more often.
xoxoxo
Oh, sounds heavenly! Good for you for doing it. Everyone--work, family, friends, YOU, will benefit. Love!
Heaven. Truly.
That's so fantastic! Good for you... I love that you got to recharge. It's so important!
Oooh...that is wonderful. I've been pondering the fact that sometimes, you have to TAKE the time, even if you don't have it...sounds like that's exactly what you did. LOVE the idea of reading for an hour, stopping only to look at the scenery!
this is making me REALLY tempted to take a personal day tomorrow.
Post a Comment