a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Monday, October 10
Tangled and Teary
Man, Disney has done it again... here I am, nearly 2 years late to the Tangled party, but I have to share. We watched it several months back for the first time, and of course I loved it. The kids did, too. And so this weekend, when it was just me and KT -- the boys went away on a Scouting overnight -- we watched it once on Saturday and once on Sunday.
[Aside -- do your kids do this, too? Get obsessed with a movie or show and want to watch the SAME EPISODE or the WHOLE 2 HOURS over and over and over again? Or is that just mine? I have also seen the two "Good Luck, Charlie" episodes available on Xfinity On Demand about four frillion times in the last 2 weeks.]
Anyway, what I was going to say is that this movie, much like Finding Nemo before it, makes me WEEP! Good grief with the mother-daughter issues, and the keeping-kids-safe dilemma, and the kids-finding-their-independence and becoming-their-own-people and now-they-can-never-go-back-to-the-way-it-was!! Not to mention the holy giving of one's own life to save another's-es!! Yeesh! I am a complete MESS by the end of it, and so KT is awfully confused about what's a happy ending and whether or not Mommy needs a teddy bear and a blankie. It kills me when she comes to sit in my lap because she sees that I am sad.
Kills me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My DH got movie passes as his white elephant gift at last year's family Christmas party. He sent me and the kids to see it over the holiday break. I thought it would be a cute way to spend the afternoon and walked out of the theatre a teary-eyed basket case. After Finding Nemo and Toy Story 3, I've finally learned my lesson. From now on, Dad goes to the Disney movies and mom watches them on DVD in the privacy of her own home.
Melessa, you are so wise!! LOL! Glad I'm not the only one.
Totally agree! Also, yes on the watching over and over and over and over. I'm an expert on many of the Huckle, Caillou, and Curious George episodes.
Oh I love that movie! It's a big favorite in our house right now as well. I think that Rapunzel is a pretty good princess overall... we're also big fans of Tiana, though I think that one is a *little* scary at the end. (Luckily it's only ME that seems to think it's scary!)
yeah, I think we're going to have a very Rapunzel Christmas this year. ;)
Post a Comment