Last night I was making banana bread. This is something I do frequently, and I learned as I worked that my Darling Husband sometimes leaves the last 2 bananas hanging on the banana-hanger ON PURPOSE, so that I'll make it! Ha! Sneaky of you, Mister el-e-e!
My mom was sitting at the kitchen table while I measured and mixed, and my dad came up behind me right when I needed the vanilla extract. I said, "Let me just get the vah-neee-yuh..." to him, and Mom cracked up. Evidently that is the very same way she always says "vanilla" (french pronunciation, of course) when she is baking. I never even knew I did that, but we laughed and laughed over shared genes and funny habits.
I love moments like that. Like when my sister and I respond to something with the same phrase, at the same time, with the exact same tone and inflection.
No comments:
Post a Comment