There are a few things on my list this year that I didn't mention. So I don't forget them:
1. Learn how to make real frosting. We made a cake for New Year's Eve and I used Pillsbury's canned chocolate frosting. I'm sorry, Pillsbury, in general I do love you, but I've decided that canned frosting is not worth my $2.49.
2. Have our giant yard sale and clean up the basement.
3. Get my personal business files in order and create The Spreadsheet.
4. Contact a law office and get our wills written.
5. Continue working out and possibly run a 5K. Possibly, I said.
6. Do better with vegetables and my kids. (KT ate - and loved - spinach yesterday though! Cooked spinach!)
7. My photo albums. This will be finished by the end of January, so help me God.
8. Finish replacing all the blinds in our house. (There are a few rooms with old-style, crumbling venetian (metal) blinds, and I hate them.)
9. Paint/redecorate the master bath.
10. Clean all the tile/grout. Three bathrooms, one toothbrush, hands and knees. I haven't done it in a very long time and it shows!!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, we need to do wills too. We keep talking about it but haven't yet done it. The hardest part is who do you ask to take care of 6 kids if the worst happens?
I admire your willingness to clean your grout. I would never work up the desire to do that with a toothbrush.
Ugg, we have metal blinds on nearly all of our windows WHYYYYYY?
Hideous.
You can do a 5K!! Eye of the Tiger!!
Thanks for these posts. I love your realism and optimism. Makes me happy. I've made no resolutions for the year, and I guess the reason is that I have so much coming up this year. I know we'll be moving, and if I can do that with some measure of peace and calm, it will be an awesome achievement!
i've also been wanting to paint/redo our bathroom since i moved into chris's house in april. i think 2012 is When It Needs To Happen!
Post a Comment