Friday, June 22

Zen things

These are my zen goals (I guess that's a little bit of an oxymoron) for next week's vacation:

  1. Breathe in the good, warm salt air and experience morningtime, my favorite time of day.
  2. Have breakfast on the porch.
  3. Play games with my kids. Football-throwing in the pool, card games on coffee tables, sand castles and digging on the beach, wave chasing at the water's edge, mini-golf across the street.
  4. Share quiet evenings with my husband. Maybe a moonlight walk. :)
  5. Make each day last longer by being fully present in, and grateful for, as many moments as I can.
  6. Give thanks and appreciation for each person I am with, and make an effort to be with all of them.
  7. Read, and maybe nap.
  8. Eat mindfully and drink plenty of water. 
  9. Enjoy the happy buzz of a sweet cocktail or two.
  10. Practice yoga, and enjoy some cardio (what a concept!) in the water each day.
We leave tomorrow morning. I'm going to attempt to stay away from the lure of those  iPhone Apps, especially during the day. Head up! Look at the scenery! I'll catch you guys on the other side.

2 comments:

ya-ya ma said...

I love these goals! Happy vacation!

bessie.viola said...

Have a FANTASTIC time! That list sounds like the makings of a perfect vacation. :)