Friday, December 7

Birthday party record keeping

I love office supplies, and this week I got two new notebooks to use at my desk at work. Spiral-bound. I use them for notes at meetings and phone calls and stuff.

Sometimes, however, I'll let my mind wander when I'm bored or frustrated, and I'll flip to a page in the back to write things down that I want to remember or keep. One of the things I wrote down this year was all the birthday parties that the kids have had, so I would remember them. I don't want to rewrite it in my new notebook (it's all clean and lovely in the back! Yay for new stuff!!), so I thought I would just put that information here.

AJ:
Age 1: party at home with friends ("rocketship" cake/theme)
2: party at home, with friends (Walt/Marti/Sienna; Ann/Paul; Matthew from church (what was his mom's name?); Jenny/Chris/Kelsey; Andy Faw; grandparents) (plain/confetti cake decoration)
3: party at home, just us (Dora [yes, really] cake)
4: party at BounceU with friends from KRK (Ninja Turtles theme)
5: party at the park w/friends (Spiderman cake/theme)
6: party at Chuck E Cheese (can't remember the cake... maybe Iron Man?)
7: party at Dac Kids (local place), cookie cake and no theme
8: brunch party after Camp Gmommy/Pjoe, in P'cola w/cousins (Krispy Kreme doughnut stack "cake") - before traveling back home
9: party at SkyZone Kennesaw (indoor trampoline park) with friends (cookie cake, no theme)
10: AJ spent his 10th birthday at camp WinShape! Without ME! And he had a sleepover when he got home, with his best friend Brandon. :)
11: Just Brandon spending the night, and dinner at the Japanese Hibachi restaurant (Volcano). Sadly we didn't get a funny chef.
12: Well, this year was a bummer. I left town on July 8th, for a work trip to Germany. The night before, we had dinner out and cake at home. He didn't get to have his friend sleep over until August 19.
13. For this birthday, we retrieved Alex and Kate from their summer week in Pensacola, but not before a Cousins' Party with Alex's fave meal, chili, made by me in my Mom's kitchen, and a cake from Publix.
14. I think Brandon spent the night and we had dinner out, somewhere. Maybe Mexican food?
15. Oof, I can't remember
16. Pandemic birthday! We had a parking lot/tailgate party at Culver's. It was supposed to be a surprise to Alex, but one of his friends told him. Oh well. Brandon, Anthony, Jack, and Will joined us.
17. He spent the night at Jack's, with Brandon and Anthony. We didn't see him until 3:00 the next day! We had homemade chocolate cake (made and decorated by Kate) at home. 
18. Dinner at Okinawa (after much dithering and inability to decide on where), just us 4 + Ashling, on his birthday. Jack, Brandon, Anthony spent the night the next night but 2 had to leave early for work the next day! And that concludes AJ's childhood, OMG!

KT:
Age 1: family party - both sets of g'parents! - at Disney's Animal Kingdom! (Mickey Mouse cake)
2: party at home, just us w/Mom and Dad (pizza, and a SpongeBob cake)
3: party at Miss Lala's (local place) with KRK friends, Disney princesses cake
4: party at Gymboree with KRK friends (Rapunzel cake)
5: party at Catch Air with friends (Barbie cake)
6: party w/cousins in P'cola (cookie cake w/ill-advised black (and pink) icing, burgers/hot dogs, and a Tinkerbell pinata)
7: slumber party for Kate and 4 SJCS friends. Decorated water-bottles, watched Teen Beach Movie, ate pizza and popcorn and cake, slept in the guest room!
8: 'party' with just family, including my Mom and Dad, and hibachi dinner. Got a good waiter that time, and the drums serenade.  The weekend prior, Calli slept over and we girls went to the painting studio to paint cupcakes.
9. Ady Grace spent the night, but before that we took her with us to Town Center mall. We spent money on BFF necklaces at Claire's, Build-a-Bears, I think, and smelly stuff at Bath and Body Works. Also snacked/lunched at the Food Court. Suuuuuper-fun girly day!
10.  (I think, I'm documenting this a year and a half later:) Reese spent the night and we went shopping. Pretty much the same as last year!
11. Birthday girl asked Calli to join us for shopping and a sleepover. We went to Avalon in Alpharetta, a swanky uptown shopping area. Visited Vineyard Vines and the Apple Store. Dinner back in Kennesaw at Olive Garden. It was fun. Cake from Nothing Bundt cakes, I believe.
12. We had a slumber party at our house, with Maggie, Anna, and Kate. They did a mall scavenger hunt which I put together. They wanted me to walk around with them at the mall, but not WITH them. ;) 
13. An evening party at our house with lots of girls, including Olivia C from camp. Kate planned the whole thing. Decor was balloons on the floor (used for a stomping game later), white and pink and rose gold if I remember correctly. They played outside on the trampoline, in the front yard (taking pictures for Instagram); they did sparklers. We had dinner (CFA nuggets, pigs in blankets, chips, fruit, veggies) and cake from Nothing Bundt Cake. Alex, Shawn and I stayed upstairs mostly all night at K's request.
14. We took Kate and about 6 friends from school out to dinner at Taqueria Tsunami. They had a blast. Cupcakes from Smallcakes.

Actually, it's about time to start planning KT's 5th party! Updated to add years 9 and 5, and now it's time to plan Kate's year 6!! Updated again for 2014! Updated for Kate's 7th! Alex's 11th! it keeps going...





1 comment:

bessie.viola said...

I always mean to catch up on this page in the baby book - describing all the parties and who came. Starting with a list sounds like a good idea! Maybe I will stay organized with the new little guy... (hahaha!)