Wednesday, October 16

Girl Scouts!

I've lost my motivation. All I feel like doing is reading stuff online, checking email to see if there's anything new from our Daisy Scouts troop leaders (EEE! Kate's going to be a Girl Scout and for some reason I've gotten really geeked about it!), and let's see, what else... NOT WORK.

I ordered her uniform vest and the official insignia items this morning. A TREFOIL pin! An American flag. A Troop number. I think I've said, I didn't love Girl Scouts myself - it was fine, but we weren't in it long enough to start to have feelings for it - but the history, the connection to my Mom, the international-ness of it makes me really, kind-of inexplicably happy that she wanted to join. I think I'm equally happy that the girls she talks about most as her new friends, K and C, are also joining. I hope we'll get to know them better. I am ready to invite them for playdates. Let's DO this girl thing!

Maybe it's because last night was the annual Cub Scout Halloween meeting/party. Balancing out all the black hooded capes and scary masks with a little Daisy color and girl-positivity, perhaps. By the way, in our school/collection of troops, Daisies don't sell cookies. Thank the Good Lord. That craziness will come in a year or two.

Okay, I suppose I have to get to it. Four articles and they all need to at least get started today. Ugh.



2 comments:

Swistle said...

Elizabeth is in Brownies and I have felt similarly geeked. I feel like buying her All The Accessories (socks! pens! barrettes! earrings!), and I'm disappointed she doesn't want them!

Sherry said...

I don't think there are girl scouts around here. Weird. I'm similarly unmotivated. Think I'm tired.