Tuesday, January 14

Dream state

It is weird, what the mind does while we sleep. I know that no one likes dream posts, and I don't have a lot to share about this one, but. That's why this isn't a money-making blog!

I've been Stressed with a capital "S." My job has exploded into a full-time, all-the-time, word factory, and if I'm not creating fluffy words in press releases and various articles about the SAME TOPIC, just a DIFFERENT WAY, then I'm adding lots of products to our website (oh, and copy/pasting the "Spain-Spanish" products into "Mexico-Spanish" just for kicks. In mah spare time). And also responsible for several gazillion other tasks. No, really.

This is all the same story.

Yesterday I was stressy enough to get tearful on a Skype call with my European buddies (awesome). The whole call was a list of things I needed to do, or hadn't done, or hadn't properly captured analytics for -- I really am a good employee, usually -- but all I could think about was my lunch date with my real estate agent. I can say that now because we're kinda official. She's not only my friend! After all this time of me and Shawn thinking about it, she's going to sell our house AND try to find us a better one to buy!

Anyway, I had two big demons competing for space in my tiny brain -- So Much Work and Real Estate Project.

I dreamed about two beasts, fighting. One was a monster of some sort. Brown, furry, bear-like, but bigger. The other was a caribou (supposedly) with 5 long claws, about 2 feet long, where his hooves should have been. In the dream, I was trying to get into my car from the garage of my childhood home, while the two beasts gored each other many times on the front lawn.

Super weird.

No comments: