Monday, March 24

Wishing of another sort

I'm very ready to get back a normal, mundane existence, even though I've hoped and prayed for the events of the last few weeks so long. But I just read Lag Liv's Sunday night post, about her weekly menu and her kids playing outside on the swingset, what she got at Costco and her date night-in with wine and cheese and her husband, and gosh, that all sounds sooooooo nice. So plain-vanilla.

I know we'll get back to that someday. Shawn will mow the (smaller, flatter) lawn on a Saturday and I'll make banana bread or portion out lunch snacks inside while the laundry runs, and while the kids play on their scooters all day, coming in only every few hours to get a drink or a popsicle. I solemnly promise not to say I'm bored with those Saturdays of the future, but to be grateful grateful grateful.

* * * *

For anyone following along with our real estate saga: Friday afternoon the structural engineer told us, "Those are normal cracks, nothing to be concerned about, that'll be $320.00 please." We paid him to put that in writing with his credentials underneath, and then yesterday, before we could hand the letter over.... we got a Termination of Sale notice from our buyers.So our agent went back to the other buyer (we had two offers in the same day, two weeks ago), and thank God they were still interested. We were driving back from Savannah yesterday, but they asked to visit the house again, so Emily had to go over there to make beds and pick up dirty laundry because we had certainly not left the house "show" ready. The horror!! I am glad she's a friend and not just a random agent... I think. I'm glad she's a working mom, anyway.

They sent their offer last night. This roller coaster is full of twists and turns! I am so ready to find our next house. And now the clock is even tighter -- their date was May 12, instead of May 21.

Come on, FMLS, don't fail me now.


1 comment:

Sherry said...

What's happening?! I need to know!! :)