a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Friday, May 9
Stage mom
Tonight is Kate's first singing solo.
She was asked several weeks ago, after sitting near the drama teacher at our school, to sing the special solo before the middle school musical -- apparently this is a thing they've started doing, where they ask a younger kid to warm up the audience with an awww-worthy song. Last time it was a first-grader.
I've not told everyone I know at school for fear of sounding braggy, but yesterday her teachers asked her to stand up and tell the class her big news. So today I've been getting messages from the moms, saying, "Sienna said Kate's singing tonight at the play? Is she?" Hee hee.
I'm in heaven. I'm so excited for her. And nervous for her. And all of the feels!
And Grandmommy and Papa Joe, I promise to take video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kate was a star! The audience obviously loved her. So excited for all of you! xoxoxo
Post a Comment