Friday, November 14

Of all the days

Of all the days for our furnace to not be working...

It's the downstairs furnace, and we've already had it checked once. The guy said there was a sensor that was a little dirty, so it wasn't sensing the right temp and therefore the heat wasn't kicking on. We thought, "Oh, okay, all fixed, thank you!" and it's been working fine now all week. Shawn even installed our very own Nest thermostat, which you can control via an app on your phone, and it's pretty awesome. But last night the temperature decided to get down to GULP! Wait, is it November? degrees, and we couldn't get the downstairs heat to come on at all.

The only good thing about that is I am pretty sure I can convince Shawn to build us a fire in the fireplace tonight.

I do love winter weather, actually. And this week has been amazing with fall color -- it had to be the peak of the season.

On tap this weekend: Kate has two birthday parties to attend, I'm making chili for the family of the boy with brain cancer (update: he's halfway through his radiation treatments and doing chemo, as well), and other than that, it's a clean house kind of weekend!

No comments: