Today my morning was wonderful. Kate's gymnastics camp doesn't start in the mornings until 8:30, and is closer to home than to work. So I woke up at the normal time, got dressed and made coffee, and checked my email while letting her sleep in. Luxury! She slept until 7:00, and then we had plenty of time for breakfast together (scrambled eggs and a bowl of fruit), and sitting on the front porch before we left the house. It's going to be a great week of this kind of slow living.
Alex is safely at Winshape for the next 12 days. When we left, it was thunderstorming and he was concerned. And maybe a little emotional/nervous, also. Not sure why since he's been there 3x before, but Dad made a good point, that maybe he realizes what he's missing at home, now that he's older. Poor kid. I hated to leave him while that was going on but I don't think the storm lasted long, and they like the parents to get the kids in, then get outta town. No dawdling. I know he's going to have a great time. Horseback riding, Swimming, Tennis, and Secret Ops are some of his "skills." I can't wait for pictures (just tried to login to the secure site and yesterday's are not uploaded yet... refresh...refresh...I'm feeling very impatient. Need to see the kid's smile to reassure me).
3 comments:
Here you seen this blog post before?
http://www.suburbabble.com/post/26016207795
I found it the first time S. went to sleep-away camp and bookmarked it last year.
Glad to hear that your kids' summer vacation is starting off well for your family!
P.S. Luckily for me, she only goes away for 5 nights at a time.
That post is so awesome.
Post a Comment