I scheduled this post back in January, when I was reading Swistle's brilliance about recognizing her Low Times.
So I've linked it there, to go back and see if any of the strategies she uses, or her commenters use, will help me remember: What you are feeling, Lee, is just a low period and it will pass. Be patient with yourself.
And one other thing: Remember that next summer, you can hire a nanny instead. Try it. Some camps, some nannies.
-----
It's funny because I AM feeling a lot of ennui the last 2 days, but not for the "summer blues" reason of kids being bored at daycare camp and me not being able to have fun with them. It's more a my office thing, with its usual stupidity. Just like that time several months ago when I had no boss and no manager and no direction. The same is happening again, since they've iced me out of part of my job (the U.S. part) and that manager never has bothered to "connect" with me personally in the first place, and the new part of the job, (the Global Content Specialist part, sounds fancy, doesn't it?) hasn't started yet and so I'm not being invited to those meetings either. AND everyone is out. A couple of coworkers are traveling, one has been out on medical leave since June 30 (I think she's back next week), and the other has been out all this week with a combination of vacation/off-site meetings/sick days. I don't like the New Guy. It's just that the FRIENDS situation at work is lacking. SORELY lacking, I would say. My one really good friend, Shan, is about to take another job, I just know it. I'm happy for her. Jealous, too. But geez, she's the only person I'm comfortable going to lunch with! Seriously. Oh, bah. I'm done whining.
1 comment:
I have no helpful advice. :) The job situation sounds pretty bad. Maybe getting too bad? I will say that sometimes I am grumpy and down for no apparent reason -- like yesterday. I blamed it on the fact that our kitty is pooping on the carpet -- a lot -- and it's hard to clean -- which I have found incredibly distressing. But really. Is it? I mean, yes, it is. No really. It isn't. :)The real reason, I'm sure, is that I get tired. And I say, "Why should I be tired? I shouldn't be tired!" "Be patient with yourself, Sherry."
Post a Comment