Friday, October 16

Wish

Hope. The Holy Spirit. And a reason to Smile at the office. These are 3 things I prayed for this morning. These are what I think I need to get through a workday. My office is so amazingly bizarre/horrible. I have never been in a place that has SO much politics, drama, and is so incapable of getting a wholly successful team on-board. Is it because our hiring managers are no good? I think that has been part of it. We've had people in the HR office who have little understanding, in my opinion, of what it means to be an HR manager, and their bosses, the VPs of hiring, are European, and maybe don't catch all the nuance in their American interviewees' personalities. So they hire these people who never turn out to be what the position needs, and then they have to dramatically let them go and people whisper and worry, and get shuffled around to cover, and and and. It's a theory. (Also: there's one manager in particular who is actually good at what she does, but has power-trippy tendencies and also causes a large majority of the daily chaos, because she can never enjoy status quo. This person is head of my team, incidentally.) Anyway, we are once again in a state of flux/drama with middle management and leadership, and yet EVERYTHING STILL HAS TO GET DONE, so I have one million "hot" tasks and I'm once again (still) so over it.

Holy Spirit, be here. Hope, come in. Smiles.... just, please let us smile. I'm yoga-breathing today.

I'm ready to find something else -- to flee, to run away! -- but I am also having a hard time being enthused about anything jobs I've seen, particularly in my field. I'll keep looking. How I would love to have a remote (work from home), flexible full-time job writing for a cool, successful company (because benefits). Putting that wish out into the universe, maybe, will mean something. Hear me, Universe? Help a girl out.

No comments: