Monday, July 18

Zonked out

So far my jet lag is still showing. By 8:30 pm (2:30 am German time), I am simply DEAD TO THE WORLD. I mean, if I sit down, forget it. This happened again last night... not that I don't always fall asleep on the couch, because I do, but it has felt different. It's super-deep sleep. It huuuuuurts to wake from it. I hope last night was the last time and I'll feel better tonight (I have, during the days). Maybe I just won't let myself sit down. Coworkers who've made this trip laughed knowingly when I told them, so I guess it's normal.

Alex left for Scout camp yesterday. He did not seem in any way nervous about it. In fact, he was overheard talking with his friends: "I love how everyone's parked in the parking spaces and there's MY Dad's car, right in the middle of the lot...(sarcasm)". Haha! Such a tweenager-y thing to do, to disparage your OWN PARENTS. Hilarious (there weren't any more parking spots, as it happens). He didn't get to bunk with Brandon, like he'd requested, but he seems okay with it. Shawn and I are still bummed that he continues to place all his friendship stock in Brandon. When will he see that it isn't being fully reciprocated? I don't know. Maybe it is, and we just don't observe it. Anyway, he's with Charlie, and Brandon's nearby, and that's good - they're all friends. He barely had a second to tell us goodbye. Definitely didn't want Mom giving him any hugs in front of the guys. I tried to sneak one in anyway. ;)

Kate started a week-long Art camp today. She'll do drawing/painting/clay in the mornings and Musical Theater in the afternoons. She WAS excited about it, until the friend we signed up with didn't show this morning. I don't know what's going on with them - I had emailed and texted, everything short of picking up the phone, but I didn't want to be a nuisance - and gotten no response. They were the ones who wanted to set up a carpool for the week. I actually got concerned this morning. I texted a mutual friend, "Have you seen them? Is everything ok?" She replied, "oh they're fine, just busy." And OK, I get it -- busy is the default setting for most of us. But after hearing that, I'm perturbed. Courtesy, people. I was busy, going to Germany and back, and I still managed to email and text you. Whatever.

1 comment:

DH said...

The house needs dusting / cleaning - so that would be a good way to not sit down. I'll even help with some