ZOOM! go the days! Especially this past weekend:
Hurricane Matthew forced Shane and Suzanna and their girls up here on Thursday last week, and they stayed through Tuesday -- with week-old baby Alexis (7 days old and she took her first road trip)!! Suzanna is my hero, really, on that score. I distinctly recall NOT being interested in getting off my couch when my babies were that small. I can't fathom traveling. No way. We were all worn out (them too) by the time they went home. But it WAS an excuse to have them visit -- we NEVER get family-time with them. Usually just an afternoon here or there during holiday stays at Susan's. So this was nice, even though WE had to continue to go to work and school while they were having "vacation" days. No fair.
But now it's back to normal and whaaaaa! Where did September go (and August, for that matter)? How is it mid-October already? The end of the kids' first quarter today. School pictures have been taken! Magazine drive is over! Halloween decorations are up!
Third-grade basketball has begun and Kate looooooooves it. I do, too, except sitting on metal bleachers after a day at the office. Ouch. She's learning a lot already. I'm bummed that Alexis' christening is scheduled on the weekend of her first game... she'll have to miss the game, I guess. ARGH. Why can't all the calendars line up neatly for me?! Maybe something unexpected will happen and fix it. Fingers crossed.
Meanwhile, I think I'm quitting Facebook until the 2016 presidential election is over. I don't believe I can take any more "politics."
No comments:
Post a Comment