I didn't really mean to stop writing here. But life. You know.
Since we last visited, the WLC has ended! I've posted on its website and in notes with Mom and Jill, that it was successful for me. But for posterity here: 10 lbs lost, 3 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. And already (it ended on 3/18), after adding back IN a little bread here and there, I can tell when I eat it, from the belly bloat. Now, this was one thing I didn't really want to happen -- I don't want to NEVER be able to eat bread again... but on the other hand, it will likely keep me from eating much bread, and that's a good thing. I'm really hoping to maintain the 10-lb loss until the next challenge starts in May, and that will require some work. I took a break from exercise the first week after, and ate all the things I'd missed... and this week, I have been too puny to exercise. Fever, aches and chills. It's been unpleasant, even though those have been the only symptoms.
Next week is Spring Break. I presume we'll do a little walking around -- we're going to Nashville -- and maybe I can at least stretch, in the hotel room. We'll see about swimming (there's an indoor heated pool); I'm sure the kids would be up for that! And I'll want to enjoy the food in Music City! But THEN, I promise: Back to plan. (-ish.) ;)
Another thing I didn't intend to do: go to Confession the other night at church. I'd been asked to sing at the parish Penance service, and fully intended to leave right after my singing was done. But Kate wanted to come with me to the service (she likes the privilege of sitting in the choir loft when Mom sings), and as people started to line up, she asked, "Aren't you going to Confession?" She had been with her class, the week before. So what could I say?! In the end, I'm glad I did, as usual. It's comforting, after you get over the initial discomfort. I always get tearful. Our pastor is so kind and good, though. I loved having him pray over me, just me, and watching him hold the hands of everyone who came to him, if they wanted him to. I love the compassion of the priests - don't you imagine it's a bit of a burden, hearing all our shame and sinfulness, over and over? I bet it's tiring. And the place was packed. It's heartening to see that many people acknowledge their need for God's mercy and love. To know we're all in this together, we all feel bad about ourselves, and we're all loved and forgiven anyway. Already. (We do have one new-ish priest, however, and he kept this one lady in the chair for at least 15 minutes, I noticed. He was sermonizing the whole time - or so it appeared from a distance. Note to self: Don't go to Fr. Revak's line.)
No comments:
Post a Comment