- Lost 2 inches from my waist measurement
- Lost 1.5 inches from my hips
- Lost .75 inches from my arm circumference
- Maintained my weight. Didn't lose one pound. The whole time, I kept thinking, surely the scale will move next week... and it never did. But I'm okay with it. I can keep working on that, if I really want to. I didn't do as much cardio as I might have, and that might have helped the scale, but they also say muscle weighs more than fat, and I DID work on building muscle. Most of my workouts involved weights (and squats, SO many squats) this time around, and that's new for me. I was also a lot more lenient with food this time than last, particularly in Destin and Pensacola, but also on a more regular basis with "tastes" of things here and there, which of course add up if you keep tasting them. But still. Better than gaining!
I truly didn't expect the changes I achieved -- since the scale wasn't moving, I wasn't very hopeful anything else would happen. But IT DID and I'm so pleased.
I'm impressed with us for hanging in there, even though there were SO many events and holidays during this 8-week timeframe. That's an achievement in itself, just getting to the end.
This time, I did not sign up for the next (September) Challenge. I might regret that later, but I want to see what I can do on my own. Living my life. I hate to leave Mom because I think she wants to go again, but maybe Jill will do the next one. And it's likely I'll want to do it again next January. We'll have to see. I really recommend the program if you're looking to improve your eating habits, increase your workout frequency, or just be more mindful of those things. It works. www.wholelifechallenge.com
1 comment:
Wow! Congratulations!
Post a Comment