Thursday, January 4

Update: Allergy/Asthma, says the Nurse Practitioner

The best thing about the doctor's appointment was I met with an NP who told me she herself has FOUR cats, and a young son with asthma. So it kept the (dumb) guilt factor out of the conversations. I've heard doctors before say, "When people knowingly have allergies to pets, but they have pets anyway, that's their fault." It may be true, but it's not very nice to say.

Anyway, I'm armed with Singulair, Symbicort, albuterol for emergencies, and an instruction to not let the kitties sleep on my bed (or in my bedroom, probably). She admitted that part would be hard. Last night Ash snuck up onto the bed and I didn't even realize it until I woke up, so... yeah. But we'll get it worked out.

I should have known it would happen, really, but no guilt. The kitty love is worth it.

3 comments:

suzanne day by day said...

As a person who LOVES cats, and who has a (physician) father who basically says it is ridiculous for me to ever own a cat because of my allergies, I can empathize with this so much!!! I hope the medications work and you and the kitties can work out an allergy cease fire.

ya-ya ma said...

I hope the new meds are helping. You and the kitties will find your happy place together.

Lee said...

Meds are working quite well, I'm happy to say. :)