A friend I do not know.
A NEW FRIEND.
= all the heart emojis!
This makes me happy. Alex has done a little rock climbing at his summer camp over the years, both indoor and outdoor, so I'm also glad he knows the basics before he starts. I'm sure that gives him a little confidence going in, too. They climb indoors every other Saturday and meet some Friday mornings at school -- and they also do service projects together.
And now I can relax. My job here is done. ;)
I can't tell you how relieved I am.
.....
I had a full day at work yesterday, meetings from 9 until 4, seriously, and then a mental crisis when I thought I had lost my debit card. Again. (Left it in a restaurant 2 years ago.) The worst part of losing it was that, not 1 week before, we had taken Alex to the bank to set up HIS first debit card, with all the accompanying parental speeches about keeping it safe and being responsible.
The good news is, I ... uh.... found mine in my wallet this morning. I had looked there, I swear! It was nestled between a $10 and a $5. Not its correct home, obviously, within the wallet, but oh how stupid I have felt about the entire incident. (I had even called Chick Fil A to make sure I hadn't left it with them during Tuesday's drive-thru lunch.) So embarrassing. And stressful.
.....
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult is an excellent book. I have loved so many of her stories.
.....
I'm trying to be a student of Joy. I know I recommended the Sacred Space app, and I do still love that one. May I also recommend this Bible plan? I don't know if you have tried the Bible app by YouVersion, but how else would we read the Bible in 2018? On our devices, that is the only way. This particular plan of daily devotions was a really good one for me. And JOY is all over the Bible -- who knew?? But now I do. :)
3 comments:
Yay Yay Yay for a new friend! Whew! Rock climbing club sounds fantastic! Madison is playing the clarinet. She did not do the play. Oh well -- she says she'll do the spring play. I also loved Small Great Things. All is on hold here while we (so gratefully but with some disbelief) get some mild rain. Haven't had school all week and the theatre has been boarded up. And Darryl has been using the main computer so I've been ... you know ... cooking, I guess!
Love Jodi Picoult! Have you read The Storyteller? If not, I definitely recommend.
I keep thinking I should get Sophie a credit card on our account (for ease and emergencies). We got her a bus pass this fall,and she is responsible with it. She started taking city bus from school to choir on Friday afternoons so I could help with Peter's robotics club. She really likes doing this and may continue even after we are done with robotics. Around here, lots of the high school students get bus passes from the district as their transportation to/from school, but our neighborhood has a school bus.
Shannon!! Hi! Yes, The Storyteller was AMAZING. Definitely a favorite.
Bus pass in the big city! That is so foreign to me as a concept, being from small towns and now suburbs w/no public transportation. How cool, though!
Post a Comment