Sunday: Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (I like to call this "chicken spaghetti" instead, because the other recipe commonly known as "chicken spaghetti," to me, is actually "chicken tetrazini.") I used angel hair because that's what we had on hand. Served with green beans and everyone loved it.
Monday: Oven-Fried Chicken Cutlets, roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. Yes, I know it's chicken two nights in a row, but I'm not sorry. Chicken is still Alex's "favorite food;" not prepared a certain way, just... chicken. (I don't get it.) I can't find the recipe online but it's simple: you mix 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1/3 cup melted butter, S&P and garlic powder in one shallow bowl, then crushed up Ritz crackers + 1/2 c. grated parmesan in the other. Dredge thin chicken cutlets in one, then the other, and bake at 400* for 25 minutes. So good!
Tuesday: Planning on a silly little Tater Tots casserole that seems like it comes straight from the '70s. I'll pair it with a spinach salad to make us feel better about our choices.
Wednesday: It's gonna be make-your-own mini pizzas, I believe. Yummy! Pizza is good any day.
Thursday: (I can't for the life of me remember what I wrote down for Thursday.) Oh wait, it was regular chili. Because it's cold outside! This is a staple for us year-round, though -- we serve it over rice, with Saltines usually. Possibly cornbread this week. I didn't grow up eating chili regularly, but DH did and it's his favorite. We make it very simply with a McCormick's seasoning packet, 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 can kidney beans, and a pound of ground beef/turkey.
Friday is a perfect day/night for tomato soup and grilled cheese and I can't wait for that.
Pretty soon it's going to be time to plan all the Christmas menus...meals to serve house guests! Yay!
3 comments:
Can I come over for dinners this week? Everything sounds DELICIOUS. And pizza and chili are two of my favorites!
Okay, so the chicken bacon pasta sounds amazing, but I have to admit I have no idea what "ranch seasoning" tastes like, so I am a little reluctant to try it. This has happened with other recipes too, which probably means I just need to TRY RANCH SEASONING. But... what is it like?
Also, I love dijon and chicken -- such a great pairing!
Sure, come on over! Ranch seasoning to me tastes like garlic salt. With a little more of a "tang" like the seasoning on Sour Cream and Onion potato chips.
That is such a good description! Okay I will try it :-)
Post a Comment