...even though I only have to work until noon today. I am having an afternoon off, yay, while Alex has a doctor's appointment (see below).
Our menu this week:
Sunday - Easy frozen chicken patty sandwiches, with fries and broccoli salad for me.
Monday - Totally stolen from S., we had Foil Pack Cajun Chicken and Veggies. (Thanks for the idea!) Except I used Baby Bella mushrooms instead of zucchini. Served with rice. This was mostly a hit, although the mushrooms were scooted to the sides of the kids' plates and left there, and Kate still finds anything with chili powder "spicy." It is NOT spicy, I swear. I was glad it was somewhat healthy and I LOVE mushrooms (and ate their extras, ha).
Tuesday - Crock pot Loaded Potato Soup, in honor of Alex who is getting braces on his teeth (again) today, and needs soft foods for a day or 2. Poor buddy. He'll likely be 17 by the time they come off, and we hate that for him, but he'll thank us later. I tell him he'll have beautiful teeth for the rest of his life.
Note: Jell-o for dessert, or King Cake for Mardi Gras, because it's my last day of dessert -- I'm giving it up for Lent. YES. Goodbye, dessert. It's a discipline, not a diet (she insists). ;)
Wednesday - Breaded tilapia (ha ha, frozen fish sticks) tacos for the grown-ups, served plain for the kids with mac and cheese and green beans (or applesauce if Alex prefers). Ash Wednesday meatless favorite! Get ready for more meatless meals on Fridays until Easter, woo. (If we remember.)
Thursday - Chili over rice. Alex's fave, and soft.
Friday - I'll be driving Kate across town for a 2-night church retreat with a friend of hers, so the boys will have to fend for themselves. Or perhaps I'll pick something up on the way home, who knows.
We'll receive our box of 2 HF meals on Friday, as well, which we'll probably have Sunday/Monday next week. I've chosen Crispy Mozzarella Crusted Chicken and Bacon and Cream Supreme Spaghetti. Sounds good to me!
Now that I think about it, I have very little time to get through a lot of work tasks this morning, so I'd better run! Gah. Work.
No comments:
Post a Comment