On Wednesdays, Alex's school district has virtual days. No kids go to school, so buildings and buses can be deep-cleaned. It's a day for teachers to host virtual office hours, for kids to take online tests, work on projects, do homework, and for my kid, to practice music.
I love Wednesdays. I didn't think I'd miss him quite so much when he went back to class face-to-face earlier this month. Don't get me wrong, the alone-time at home is a treasure, too -- but it is so noticeable when he's gone, after having him here every day since March. I walk by his room on M, T, Th and Fr and can't quite believe he's not there, sitting at his desk.
It's good preparation for the impending college years and beyond, when he won't actually live here anymore (I presume).
On Wednesdays, we watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine at lunch. It's the smallest thing, but it's one of my favorites. I would never have had this time with Alex without the pandemic. I hate the pandemic, I wish it would go away. But I am so, so grateful for the time.
2 comments:
Awww, this is the sweetest! xoxoxo
Awww, I love this post! It's such a blessing, to come out of this awful pandemic time, to have been able to recalibrate our sense of togetherness and bond in different ways with our kids.
Post a Comment