Friday, December 11

Stockings Stress

Okay, it's not really stress, but I am thinking about the kids' stockings today, and wondering if I have enough stuff, and an evenly-matched set of stuff, and and and. 

So after everyone left for school this morning, I went to the Christmas presents hiding place (which has been MOVED after someone [Kate] let on that she knew where the previous hiding place was) and arranged all the stocking things in two piles. 

For Alex, we have:

  1. A box of Vandoren V12 size 3.5 B-flat clarinet reeds, which he knows he will get because obviously I had to ask him what kind he likes and would've had NO idea.
  2. A travel-size after-shave lotion; he is only shaving every so often (crazy, anyway), but it was a "beauty" product and I was trying to match the type of things in Kate's stocking
  3. A silly $1.00 back scratcher from WalMart
  4. A mini-Lindor chocolates bag
  5. Candy Cane TicTacs
  6. A bag of mint-choc penguins (?) that I bought from the private school fundraiser
  7. I think, a new AirPods silicone carrying case (if Shawn has bought that)
  8. A school-spirit mask (womp womp, but will definitely get used)
For Kate:
  1. A new mascara, slightly nicer than typical drugstore brands
  2. A light pink lip gloss
  3. An inexpensive clear case for her big present this year (an iPhone)
  4. A mini-Lindor chocolates bag
  5. Candy Cane TicTacs
  6. The mint-choc penguins
  7. A laptop sticker and a set of sparkly ponytail holders from a favorite store of hers
  8. HP Sprocket paper refill
  9. Razor blades for her razor (yes, she is also now shaving!)
  10. Christmas themed nail files
  11. A pair of hypo-allergenic earrings
So see? I have some work to do to balance them out, and they just don't feel very exciting to me. I'll definitely add a clothes gift card for each kid, (one is bought but not yet delivered, the other isn't bought yet), and cash. My mom used to put scratch-off lottery tickets in stockings, which is fun when you're a teen. Probably every stocking should have a hand sanitizer in it this year.... I just don't know. 

Alex kinda needs a non-logoed, adult wallet... Kate ooohs and ahhhs over the Burts Bees gift sets every time we see them... usually I do their favorite pens/pencils (boring, but useful)... maybe a funny bookmark?... Kate's newly into Harry Potter, should I do a chocolate frog or Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans?... Alex is having oral surgery on the 21st (poor kid), should I stick some Aleve in there for him (haha)?... I feel like all my ideas are very meh. And it's almost too late for ordering anything -- the rest of it will have to be stuff I can find if I go TO the stores. 

Well, anyway, Christmas!


1 comment:

ya-ya ma said...

xoxoxo