What happened Friday was interesting. Some of these things are steps I have learned from reading self-help books, particularly Nataly Kogan's Happier Now: Acknowledge your feelings. Let them be felt. Find gratitude. Ask for help. Accept help.
Others of these things cannot be explained by science. They're either coincidental, or they're proof of God.
1. I had the stress dreams and woke up stressed.
2. I acknowledged the stress, to myself and to Shawn, and then here.
3. I found things to be grateful for anyway in my journal, as I do every day.
4. I wrote an email to the pizza place I am trying to secure as a band sponsor, feeling anxious/nervous about it, and sending it off with a wish and a prayer. (Nothing to do with anything, but got one task off my plate, relieving some of my stress.)
4. I asked for help in prayer, preceded by reading the Bible app Verse of the Day. The verse was Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'
5. I cried actual tears at this immensely directed-to-me message from God, Himself.
6. I tried to then enjoy (accept) the feeling of being heard and helped.
7. I felt a bit better. :) I had other moments of feeling panicky during the day Friday (weirdly; I imagine a big shot of sugar that I had at lunch had a lot to do with it), but I took my time, took deep breaths, and ... yeah. Got through it.
3 comments:
Love these two posts. You are doing GREAT! I'm feeling moody today and suddenly concerned about Madison's remaining summer days. She has been doing tons of studying, and as of today, she's tired of it. I'm rejoicing about her desire to quit studying so much as well as wondering how to find something she will enjoy (she likes service-project kind of things -- something that feels useful) and feeling guilty for not having already found something (crazy -- I should be patting myself on the back for letting her figure out she's ready to quit studying -- so there). Man, just typing all that out makes me realize how lucky I am. All's well here! (Wonder if your tomato plants need some slugbait around them? I know nothing about tomatoes, but I have to put a good bit of slugbait around my flowers if I don't want the leaves to look eaten up.)
Slugbait!! I need to get some! Thank you, Sherry for the tip!
I sincerely hope the stress has lessened a bit since you wrote this. But what a lovely post. <3
Post a Comment