- I'm grateful for a work from home day, after a frustrating day at my office yesterday (very dumb meeting, very dumb "project" walking around "helping" my manager decorate the walls (she did not need any help, it was useless for me to be there)). Today I am home with my best coworkers, the cats, and my Alex, with whom I only have 10 days left!
- I'm grateful for my parents, who generously financed a 529 account for Alex 18 years ago, which I used this morning to pay our first bill from the University of Georgia.
- I'm grateful for the Zell Miller Scholarship (funded by the state, available to every student who meets GPA and SAT/ACT qualifications and goes to school in-state), which funded the tuition portion of that bill (but which, despite everyone's misperceptions, does not even cover half the cost of attendance - the educators around here make it sound like it's a free ride. It is not. Still, money on the table if a kid has the grades).
- I'm grateful for having dinner last night with Alex's soon-to-be roommate and his family. We're not all besties yet, but we did exchange phone numbers and had some good laughs and Mexican food, and I know that in time we're going to feel more comfortable with each other.
- I'm grateful that the roommate himself is a chatty, interesting (and nice) dude; I think he'll help Alex come out of his shell a bit, conversationally, and I envision their dorm room will be a fun place to hang out. (I so loved the freshman dorm vibe when I was in college; I am grateful for those memories and hopeful Alex will have a similar experience.)
- I'm grateful that even though the stupid "here comes the bus" app has yet to work correctly this semester, Kate has made it to school each morning with no issues.
- I'm grateful she has had such a good first 2 days at school, seems to be meeting people and making friends, and is enjoying her classes. Hooray for getting over the hump of starting a new school!
- I'm grateful she is enrolled in both French I and Chorus, so that I can re-live my younger years vicariously through her! (So. Geeked.)
- I'm grateful for friends checking on each other via text message, as we countdown to the first day of school here locally, and the upcoming days when we are moving our big kids into their dorms!
- I'm grateful for my husband being so steady and dependable, and for always making me laugh even when I'm trying to be moody.
- I'm grateful for good sleep.
- I'm grateful for work to do today.
- I'm grateful for breath in my lungs and a body to move around in.
a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Wednesday, August 3
Make a list
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice, Lee. I try to wake up with a similar list in my head.
Post a Comment