That title seems so silly, but I was just eating a snack that I love, and I had something for lunch today that made me say, "That was SO good," to no one in particular (I was the only one here), so here we are.
Harvest Snaps by Calbee is the snack I just finished. Well, I wanted to finish it -- the entire bag -- but I restrained myself, if only so I'll have some left to eat tomorrow. I love their black bean crisps in the Sweet & Spicy Mango Chile Lime flavor. Is that a mouthful or what (lol, pun intended)! They're just so delicious, and they're the perfect amount of crisp, like a potato chip, without being greasy or making me think about my cholesterol. I'm not opposed to the Cracked Black Pepper Pea variety, either, although they seem to leave me with an unpleasant feel on the roof of my mouth, where the black bean doesn't. I wish they weren't quite as expensive as they are, in my grocery store at least. I haven't shopped around to find any bargains or discounts, but I should! I would be happy to get a box of these as a cheap, easy Christmas gift, even, lol. Is that weird? (Also, it is definitely time for Christmas gifts stress.)
StarKist Bold Tuna Creations in the Hot Buffalo flavor are another favorite. NEVER in a million years would I have thought I'd say that, but I do, and I did say, out loud, "That was SO good," after eating it today for my lunch. All protein (and salt), huge, bold flavor, I eat it straight out of the packet with a fork. No need to dress it up, although it's also good over a salad with Ranch or bleu cheese dressing. I'm sure it would make a good, if unconventional, tuna salad. The Spicy Thai Chili and Jalepeno are also yummy, and the Sweet and Spicy will work in a pinch, but Hot Buffalo remains my all-time fave.
I saw this graphic out in Internet-land, with the caption "You can only have two."
Easy: Star Crunch and Nutty Buddy. I've loved Star Crunch since I first had them at my Aunt's house in 1986, and Nutty Buddy with their peanut buttery-ness are just The Best. My kids and husband would choose Oatmeal Creme Pies, but not me. And I definitely don't get the teens' love for Cosmic Brownies.
Aldi Southern Pecan coffee is something new I've discovered in the last year or so. It's not overly flavorful, and yet there is something there I can't put my finger on, that makes it better than a "regular" cup of, say, Breakfast Blend. I am definitely becoming an Aldi fan, the more I shop there.
I have to get back to work. Today I'm doing not only my full-time job, but also helping Kate on two end-of-semester projects, while she has a "virtual day" because of the GA runoff election today. So it's crazy. Do you have any particular packaged-food faves? :)

4 comments:
Whew! Work and school projects! I hope all goes well.
This is the perfect buffer, and posting is not disrespectful but I understand the feeling.
Hmm. I love Skinny Pop packaged popcorn. Yum. And I love the Trader Joe's packaged frozen rice. It is so easy to pop one packet in the microwave and then it lasts my kid for three days. (My husband and I eat brown rice, but the child WOULD NEVER.)
You all are in my thoughts as you navigate this holiday season.
Sophie use to love the favored tuna packets and took them as her lunch at least once a week for several years. I think the sweet and sour was a favorite but most of the ones you mentioned were in regular rotation. She use to break up Ritz crackers, stir them in, and eat with a fork. I think she eventually got sick of them because after the pandemic shut down and then the remote year, she never took them for lunch her senior year.
The Belvita breakfast cookies are a staple in our home.
Just wanted to say hello and that I am thinking of you and your family. Holidays are hard enough, and there are so many memories and unexpected jolts of pain when you are missing someone. I hope you are all holding up okay.
Haha. I ate so many Nutty Buddies in college. In high school, it was Oatmeal Creme Pies, the thought of which makes my teeth hurt today. Now we have an entire pantry shelf (well, the front of it) devoted to a variety of granola bars. My current fav is Nature Valley Almond Butter Bars. Madison has the most expensive granola bars I've ever seen in her stocking at the moment -- RX bars, I think. We have tuna snack packs at the theatre (plus other things) for the actors. I'm pretty sure one skinny guy wouldn't make it through the shows otherwise! I've never seen the flavored ones, though -- I'll have to look!
Post a Comment