DAY-um! That was a lot of commentary from you Internets! Thanks bunches! I think I like the Thursday Thirteen. Might have switch off between it and Love Thursday, both such worthy causes. ALERT! CRITICAL DECISION-MAKING HERE: I WILL DO BOTH LOVE AND 13 THURSDAYS. There. The world is so much better with my weekly lists and nonsense.
But... actually, isn't it? I mean, don't you find it comforting that the interweb is becoming this lovely social meeting ground where everyone is accepted, immediately? (Instead of a gigantic billboard, like it was in say, 1997, with flashing yellow UNDER CONSTRUCTION signs and everyone's local business having a single flat PAGE that basically was a glorified phone book?) I mean, that's the first time I ever did that particular blog exercise, and poof! There I am on Technorati like someone important. And random people came to see, and said nice things about me! When does that happen, in real life, by strangers? Hardly. Ever. There are no restrictions on who's allowed to blog and who's not. There's no credential required. I found a whole new gaggle of folks yesterday who're out there, being friendly, living their everyday lives with purpose and goodness, and trying to find the humor in it all... it's just a bit of a phenomenon. Warms the cockles of my little heart. I think it's amazing, some of the extra-nice things the Internet has done.
Only thing is... um... I've REALLY got to get some work done today. I started it yesterday, but convinced myself that if I didn't want to be bored TODAY, I'd better save some. Heh. I am pretty convincing. Besides, my shower needed a good scrubbing and the garbage needed taking out, and I kinda enjoy making it *seem like* I'm Super-Woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment