Scrubs is without a doubt, one of my favorite shows, and last night it blew me away with its brand-new episode:
A MUSICAL.
Yes, I was a musical-theater junkie in high school. But who knew that all of these actors could actually SING? Even Dr. Cox, which was a shocker. (Not that I know anything about their backgrounds, I'm not that kind of uber-fan.) The music and lyrics were evidently written by the same folks who did "Avenue Q," which I'd never heard of until today, but, hello, a Tony winner? I'm a believer already.
My favorite part was, right before the first commercial, they ended with JD (Zach Braff) closing a blue hospital curtain kind-of in slow-motion. Get it? Curtain? Act One? BRILLIANT. (When I said that to hubby, he called me a Nerd.)
Here, take a look at this trailer. The quality's not great but you'll see what I mean.
(To top that off, The Office and 30 Rock were high-larious last night, too. Man, I love good TV!)
No comments:
Post a Comment