I have so much to say, and yet, no desire to really say anything at all about our family-filled, crazy, long holiday break. I can't believe I had nearly two full weeks off -- let's see: Thursday afternoon through Tuesday... yep, that's right. Definitely the best gift I received, among lots of other lovely things.
AJ, of course, has been in hog-heaven with his new "ambimals" and Mr. Potato Head and Jesse and Woody from Toy Story 2. Not to mention eating cookies and potato chips more often than not. Hubby reported, however, that today's daycare drop-off did NOT go very well. I'm kinda mad at them because he is supposed to move to new classroom at age 2 and a half -- which he will reach NEXT week, the 8th -- but they made him go this morning. So, aside from having his vacation end like all the rest of us -- that which is HEARTBREAKING enough -- he doesn't get to go back to the familiar cushion of the Early 2s and kind, wonderful Ms. Martice and Ms. 'Nana, whom he loves. Sigh. I almost hope he gives 'em hell today.
Except... that's not on my list of things to do this year -- be spiteful. When I woke up on January 1, and took my first shower of the year, I prayed to leave behind doubt and fear, despair, and my poor attitude. I always like to pretend to wash away the bad things about the previous year, and instead, be washed in hope for this one. Calm. Togetherness. Happiness. It's a little bit hokey but it works for me, and we have an awful lot of those wonderful things.
3 comments:
I hate it when daycare does things that are convenient for them without thinking about the impact on the little ones. Hope AJ has a good day.
I like your New Year shower tradition. Here's to our hopes for 2007!
Hi Julie. Hope you guys had a great holiday, too -- I haven't hopped over to your blog yet today. :)
This is my FIRST year ever that I can remember of not doing New Year's resolutions. I need to at least do some New Year's meditating, although I suppose the important thing is enjoying each day. This is going to be a wonderful year!
Post a Comment