First off, check out my pretty new shoes!
I know. I got 'em at Marshall's for twenty bucks and I love 'em. They are replacing my favorite brown sandals ever (which have died a scuffy death), so it's good I found them. Marshall's has some good deals on shoes, dude.I got a couple other items and I think Hubby and I are going to try to do some more shopping this weekend. He ususally finds much more during our co-ed shopping excursions than I do. But he's in need. New job = new clothes, right? He deserves some.
Oh, and how's his job going? Great so far, I think. He seems content with it, even though it's always hard to be the new guy. Thanks for asking. He's working with nice folks, and they tell him he's picking it up quickly (no surprise). I think it's a shock to his system to have so much less stress from commuting, and less from the actual work, too. His system is so glad of this change! (As is his wife.)
Yeah, there's not a whole lot going on at work for me today. Typical Friday, I guess. Tonight I have dress rehearsal for our concert tomorrow, and let me just say... I will be glad when it's over. I checked out of this one before it even started. Maybe it'll help to have the instruments there tonight -- one song we're doing is accompanied solely by harp, and that should lend a different feeling to it (with just the rehearsal piano, I loathe this piece). Harps are rather ethereal and I will need that to make it worth it, on a tired Friday night.
Then tomorrow, the concert... if I can JUST line up the babysitting thing. Garh. We have SUCH a hard time finding babysitters. It's ALWAYS last minute, I ALWAYS have to fall back on this one friend that I don't really like to bother... we thought Hubby's best friend would help us this time (Hubby has to go to a wedding without me, leaving AJ stranded), but the friend called last night to say he had a fever. Fabulous. Hopefully by Saturday night he'll feel better.... ? Am I crazy to still hope that? Shouldn't I just nix it to be on the safe side? Sigh. Hate. Finding. Babysitters. HATE. 'Specially this time of year with prom and graduation and all. (Mom, please just go ahead and move up here. Cool. Thanks.)
I need to work on my patience. Had a learning moment this morning when Hubby got exasperated with AJ, because AJ accidentally ground his little feet onto Daddy's clean dress shoes. After a bit of a reprimand, AJ said, "I din't mean to do dat," and it nearly broke my heart -- and I know, no one wants their shoes to get scuffed up, but what *I* thought was, they're SHOES. Who cares? He's two. It doesn't matter if you've told him before -- he can't even put ON his own shoes, much less strive to keep his and other people's scuff-free. BUT THEN! After I'd huffed to myself about it and curtly told Hubby goodbye like the little brat I am, my Jiminy Cricket said to me, "Is that a LOG in your EYE, missy???" Because, hello: PATIENCE. Hubby should be patient with AJ, but EL-E-E should be patient with HUBBY. So I mea culpa'd to God about that one the whole rest of my drive to work. (Also about impatience with the baby thing. Really. The one time I act like a good Catholic and actually allow God's timing to control that area, and I get impatient. Not good. Prayed silently for help with that, too.)
Have done pretty well with the diet this week. However, while at Marshall's getting my shoes, I blatantly IGNORED the "swim shop;" I'm not ready yet. I also don't know how fitday.com can log a crab cake as 93 calories; that can't be right. We had 2 apiece last night, but I logged it as four because I'm certain they cost more than 93. (Your recipe, MB! High score, as usual.)
Hey, you should come over and smell my plants. The tomato vines are HUGE - and precariously staked with dental floss, ha! Good thing no fruit yet because they'd fall over. My germinated basil seeds have finally started smelling like licorice, if I give 'em a little pinch! It's heaven. Hopefully we will be making lots of fresh salsa this summer, as well as basil-tomato pizza!
Okay, I'll let you go. Good chattin' with you. Have a good weekend.
2 comments:
Love the shoes! The bargain makes them even cuter. Swimsuit shopping is not great, but I did it today and survived. Not sure what stores you have in your area, but I found many choices at JCPenney here. Good luck!
just catching up! I think sometimes it is harder to have patience with the hubby than with a 2 yr old!!
Post a Comment