Also: GoodLord, there are 31 entries in my "memes are awesome" category.
Here's the meme info:
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. We'll go with random and not weird, to start with -- I have hazel eyes. I am just about the only person I know with hazel eyes, although my dad used to have them, I think. His have seemed blue to me for ages now; for a time he wore blue contact lenses, and then he had lasik... anyway I can't quite remember the story on his eyes but MINE are unmistakably hazel and one of my favorite things about my own appearance - you know, when I am doing a self-love exercise. :) I secretly hope that baby girl might get hazel eyes, too. AJ's are his daddy's deep gorgeous brown.
2. I just had to get up and go to the ladies room to check my own eyes out, after writing all that. This could be heading toward vanity; now I feel like I ought to confess it. Although I did also have to pee.
3. My favorite flowers are stargazer lilies. I just learned that besides innocence and purity, they are said to represent wealth and prosperity. I therefore think I should display them much more often, to call down these things straight from the heavens or flower gods or whomever.
4. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm walking around the house in sock-feet and get them wet. *SHUDDER!!* I have to take off the offending sock IMMEDIATELY because it makes me so mad. LAST night, and this gives me the willies just telling you, I was making dinner and sloshed a bit of... raw chicken juice (ew) onto the floor... and then stepped in it!! Aaaaaaghghghghghghghhgg! So. Grozs. Let us never speak of it again.
5. I am turning into my mother in so many ways. I've found a little pad of what I would call "scratch paper," and the other day I counted four or five different little notes, written on these 4x5-inch papers, crowding my purse. Heh.
6. Want to know some of the random things I'll do at work today? Fill out an expense report, create a project site for my new client, write-up an online survey, (check my blogs), sign up for MyRackspace, and order a 2008 calendar.
7. I can't decide which kind of calendar to get! I've had a big "blotter" for the past few years, but I think I want to go back to the old-style appointment book.... LIKE MOM KEEPS!
I think these are the BEST kind of calendars and used them throughout college. I keep my Google calendar on this view, too. Yes, I keep paper and Google calendars. AND a "picture" calendar hangs in the kitchen at home. What? Don't you keep several? I'm always tempted to take the free ones they give out at church, too.So now to the tagging... Devan! Marie Green! Electric Boogaloo! Majilla! Swistle! MaryB! and.... dang, I just can't think of a 7th (so many of you, I tag all the time!) If you want it, have at it. :)
10 comments:
I'm on it - could use the inspiration today - it is too early to post about T-Day dinner, right?
Also, LOVE the weekly calendar you have a pic of. Have been looking for one like your mom's for several years to no avail. I keep my Palm for mayself, but like to have a "family brain" available to all in the kitchen and a standard calendar does not provide enough space for a family of 5 to write down all the crap 5 people are doing...Do you have a link to go with that picture? I hope your mom is flattered that we are all emulatingher organizational skills!
A link for you!
I'm with you on the wet socks. I'm getting the skeeves just thinking about it.
I couldn't live without my At-A-Glance weekly calendar. How lovely that you two like it, too. Ditto my 4x5 scratch-paper notes. Scary, isn't it, when you see yourself becoming your mother? Hang on, it only gets worse from here. Haha! Maryb, I can't wait to read about your T-Day dinner. Love you both.
Lilies are my favorite too. Also, I love buying calendars and planners, but I suck at writing things down in them and keeping them up to date. Oops.
P.S. I think I found your blog through NaBloPoMo surfing, and I added you to my subscription list because I'm from Atlanta too. The explanation was necessary so that you weren't completely creeped out by a random commenter, but now the post script is longer than the comment.
Hi, Laura! Nice to meet ya!
Ewwww! Wet sock-feet!
I often find scratch-paper notes in my purse, too. Hee!
thanks for tagging me!
So, I have been mistakenly pushing hydrangeas on you for years now?
Oops!
nope, I still like hydrangeas, but they're more of a plant, yes? Than a flower? I think of them as yard flowers, not husband-buys-me flowers. :)
Post a Comment