Monday, November 12

It's my kindness, preventing me from posting

I know you all have too many NaBloPoMo participants to keep up with, so I'm posting light to keep your blog-surfing time at the appropriate (HA) time limits. (I know I'm behind in reading all these prolific over-achievers.)

I don't know that I'll EVER do NaBloPoMo. I hate feeling like I *need* to post, when I don't feel like I have the juice. I also hate posting, "I'm busy," because WHO ISN'T. Site launches, work trips, house stuff, holidays... blah blah... Shut up, self. Some people have five kids, you think YOU'RE busy?

But dude. I'm pretty much over this last 2 weeks. And the next ones, too, if you want to know the truth. We got some stuff done over the weekend -- dropped stuff off at Goodwill, Most Excellent Husband vacuumed -- but there's still more to do.

Let's change the subject. My MIL has been asking what I want for Christmas, so I've been thinking about that. DH and I find it interesting that we always give MIL ideas -- we feel like it's a courtesy, not greedy, and she asks, after all -- yet she never reciprocates with ideas for her, so we always end up buying her no-thought-required gifts like Yankee Candles. LAME. Anyway, here's what I want:

Some big (well, medium sized) silver hoop earrings.
Some Large or XL comfy pajamas (for the hospital, mainly -I'm vain, I want cute pictures).
Baby registry stuff -- diaper bags and crib bumpers are SO for the mommy! Not the baby!
iTunes, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and Target gift cards. Fistfuls of them.

I think it gets harder and harder, as you age, to give these sorts of wish-lists. I mean, yeah, I could always use a nice lotion or necklace, but those don't seem like things you ask your relatives for, do they? They should know about those things -- they're the "default" items. Hostess gifts. And I am just not watching DVDs lately or listening to CDs. (Nor do I get that excited to open either one, anymore.) Maybe *I* am just lame!

Okay, your turn: what wishes will you tell Santa this year?

11 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I always have the hardest time coming up with gift ideas for myself. I know there MUST be something I want, but darn if I know what it is. I do like Starbucks and iTunes gift cards though, cause then I can treat myself and not feel guilty about spending the cash.

nicole said...

We always tell our parents that gift cards are perfect because we can choose what we want. My MIL used to try to buy clothes for me, but our tastes are just too different. My parents like to give us restaurant cards or cards to home depot for stuff around the house.

As for what I'm asking for--no ideas. I never have any ideas. I'm blessed to have what I need AND want, or to be able to buy it most of the time, so I have a hard time. I would like Husband to buy me a diamond star necklace, but he bought jewelry last year, so that is highly unlikely. Other than that, I have nothing.

Anonymous said...

I think I want one of those baby carriers you pull behind your bike, except I don't want anyone to put a lot of money into it. I should look for used ones. Wonder how they work going downhill? Clothes are always good, including comfy around-the-house clothes.

MaryB said...

My problem is that there is tons of stuff I want, but it feels so selfish to actually ask for it. I know it helps people to have alist to shop fromk, but it still makes me feel guilty. And the majority of things I want are big ticket items that I would NEVER ask anyone for other than the hubs. Can Santa fit my new floors or furniture in his sleigh?

Some smaller items on my list would be a really nice jewelry box, clothes, more of my perfume, glaaery frames for my hallway...I could go on and on. Im greedy like that I guess.

MaryB said...

Oh my gosh, maybe I should preview my comments before posting them, and maybe type slower!

el-e-e said...

MB, I'm the same -- I have big-ticket items too, but simply can't ask for. New car for hubs (why not?), paint my porch/deck, redo my kitchen, master bath, and finish the basement... but yeah, I don't think Santa does that kind of present. ;)

Anonymous said...

I told my husband that God wants me to have the entire Philosophy skin care line. We'll see what I get.

Unknown said...

I have no idea what I want so I am hoping to get some ideas from your readers

LL said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my site for a meme. Thanks for your comments (and your link) during the dark days of October, I really appreciated the words and support you offered.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to cruise Etsy and find a bunch of stuff I hadn't realized was essential to my happiness.

Do you ask your MIL for ideas, like she asks you? Maybe she's hinting she'd like to be asked.

el-e-e said...

Oh, yes, Swistle, we always ask.

Actually I feel bad for writing that now, because this year she has come through with requests: Emerilware, Bath & Body Works stuff (hostess gifts!), and a tall vase.