On to fun holiday questionnaires from Sophie.

I'm supposed to tell you my favorite childhood gift, my favorite gift I received as an adult, and a gift I would like to receive in the future.
BUT FIRST: Important, and relative, Literature Question: In your opinion, did Scrooge have a really vivid dream, or was he ACTUALLY visited in the night by those famous Christmas ghosts? I mean, as "actually" as possible -- it is a story, after all. Just curious -- either way, he was morally moved and ultimately redeemed, so it's all good. I personally think it was a dream. But since it's a story, it COULD have been a real visitation...
My favorite childhood Christmas gift: It's pretty hard to decide. The two that stand out are my kitchen set -- a white wooden stove and sink that must have been hand-painted -- and my JAM BOX, received when I was about 11 and listening to the radio for the first time. Y'all, it had a DOUBLE tape deck. I pirated many a cassette with that gift. I believe that was also the year I received Wham! Make It Big and Mr. Mister, Welcome To the Real World, so I was rockin' hard core.
My favorite adulthood gift: The first Christmas DH and I were married, he surprised me with an extra stocking gift -- a velvet box with these teeny diamond chip earrings. He said, "I had to get you something sparkly." Awww. I don't wear them very often, but that doesn't mean I don't love them. They mean a whole lot to me. It was such a sweet, young-love romantic gesture.
A gift wish for the future: One day, probably not next year or even the year after that, but one day, I'd really like to do a kitchen remodel. It's not something that can be wrapped up with ribbons and bows, but it sure will take the place of any gifts for me the year we decide to do it!
No taggies today, if you want to play let me know so I can come see!
8 comments:
I'll play in just a minute!
I need something happy today. A new Facebook friend is a happy thing! YAY!
*sip*
I think it was a dream.
Definately a dream.
Dude, I'm totally jealous about your jam box. Mine did not have the double tape deck. Let me just tell you, I would have dubbed me some great tapes if I'd had the ability. Poor me.
Definately a dream
I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.
Jillian
Scrooge: was it a dream or real? How about a vote for BOTH! How's that for double ambiguity!
Your jam box and those songs bring back memories -- makes me chuckle. Something sparkly? Awwww... And a kitchen remodel. Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks for playing! It was fun reading your list.
You know, I never thought about whether it was a dream or not. Now I'm thinking...hmmm...dream.
I, too, had a jam box with a dual tape deck. And I was so into Wham. But I loved Andrew Ridgely more than George Michael. Maybe I could sense something about `ol George even back then! My favorite tape though was one of Adam Ant's.
Oh, neat question and neat meme! I always thought he was actually visited, but in his dream. That is, real spirits put those images into his head, but he did not actually travel.
I lean toward the not a dream side, more of the it was real side. Or what Swistle said.
Post a Comment