> I've simply got to get started on work, but don't have the necessary oomph. As any holiday approaches, my work motivation just starts seeeeeping out the cloth walls of the cube. By Friday I'll have nothing.
> We've finally started receiving Christmas cards, hooray! It's the only time of the year when getting the mail is actually fun. Unless you subscribe to Southern Living like I do, and then once a month you have a fun mailbox. I finally have enough cards to display them on the pantry door. One of AJ's big things lately is wanting to tape his artwork to every available cabinet door in the house, so this is a good project for him. Hey, I bought him a glue stick the other day. HOURS of fun! I just cut out random images from Reader's Digest, and he sticks them to a piece of construction paper! How easy is that?! He made his first masterpiece the other day and was SUPER excited to give it to Daddy "for his office." CUTE!!
> Speaking of artwork and 3 year olds -- are they supposed to be able to hold the pencil/marker/crayon correctly yet? AJ wants to write the alphabet, and sort-of can, but he's holding the writing instrument... mmm, how to describe?... his fist curls over the top of the crayon instead of around the side/back. DH and I debate over whether we should correct that or not. I'm sure he'll get it eventually. I kinda want to make it easier on him. However, he isn't much interested in trying the 'right' way, so I guess I just answered my own question: Leave him alone.
> We seem to have turned the corner on this latest round of tantrumy behavior from him. I tell ya, every time I should remind myself, THIS IS JUST A PHASE! But in the thick of it, you really forget. You start analyzing and doubting and being sad and worried. BOO for that! I suspect it is easier with the second child.
> She, by the way, was kicking/punching me on both sides of my stomach this morning at 3. Like SHE was having little fits. DEAR LORD, already??
> I got the daycare teachers $10 Target gift cards, and the 3 directors $10 Chick Fil A gift cards (because they get out for lunch). Everyone seemed pleased.
That is all.
5 comments:
So I don't have a job, but my motivation level is also steadily decreasing. And I have a lot of wrapping and baking to do yet.
Let AJ go with the pencil/pen/marker. You want him to enjoy trying more than worrying about correct holding. That is what school is for--to teach him those boring things.
You think glue sticks provide fun--you should buy the buckets of foam stickers. My girls can really spend countless hours sticking them to construction paper making cards for everyone on the planet. Sure there is a lot of paper trash to clean up, but it is worth it. Arts and crafts are sanity savers around here sometimes.
Good luck getting through the rest of the week.
hmmm, I think some of that lemon-poopy bread with a delicous cup of Barnie's would add some motivation to your day.
As for the pencil, you probably do not want advice from a mom whose 4 yr old does not hold pencil correctly and cannot write his name, but, Id say gently show n' suggest , but then leave it alone. If you do not think you can show him how and then not be frustrated when he doesn't take the advice, then just don't bother.
Grant's favorite is to cut things with "scissor-ez" He loves to draw crazy scribbles, and then try to cut on those lines.
LOVE your Christmas card! Make sme smile to think it will ook very different next year :) :) :)
I'm just a sorry-a** worker. But I'm trying my dangdest. So glad you've passed through a "phase." M slept most of the night after two nights of, I guess, teething. Lack of sleep is a true motivation killer, worse than the holidays. So today's a better day!
MB -- lemon-pooooopy bread??? Best. Typo. Ever!!
HA!
---
SDW, oh yes, if I wasn't sleeping relatively well, I'd be DYING. I don't envy you teething, ACK.
Your teacher gifts were perfect. That's what I'm going to do next year.
Toddler collages are awesome.
Post a Comment