Tuesday, May 13

One day this, next day that

Two weeks ago all we could DO outside was play golf with these little plastic clubs that we got when AJ was about 1 year old. This week it's playing "Bad Guys," and, "Ninja Turtles with Bad Guys," using weapons of all sorts made from the various branches that have fallen into our yard. We fight Shredder and "Goliath" and "Vampiro."

Two weeks ago we were watching KT just begin to smile at us when we'd appear in front of her. This week she wants to stand on her feet a little bit, and gets excited about using those muscles. AND she's starting to want to grab at things dangled in front of her.

It all goes so darn fast.

So fast, I can't seem to keep up with blogging, or anything else, either. My days start with an alarm and a wish for just fifteen more minutes, and once I get to work it's all business, whip this stuff out, until time to go (OH, right now it's time to go!) and then we get home and dinner-bath-another bath-TV and bed. Last night I was so useless to my husband that he took the dog out, folded laundry, made bottles, probably waxed the cars, and massaged my foot that's hurting, which I don't even remember because I had begun my nightly snooze -- no, my nightly semi-conscious-state -- to the tune of Dirty Jobs on Discovery. And, man, do I love that show. Such a bummer that I always miss half of it. (not to mention the massage)

I realized this morning I haven't played hardly any music for KT -- no lullabyes or the 8 CDs of baby music I have stocked in her room. I guess because she doesn't need it -- she's so agreeable she goes to sleep and I don't have to lull her. But now I feel like she's "behind" on her music. Or, I am behind in teaching her -- see, baby? Music! Is nice! And comforting! Oh well.

I'm sure we'll look back fondly on this time of our lives one day. Right now we're just motoring.

4 comments:

Swistle said...

This is why I take so many photos!

Mandy said...

...KT will get back at you for the music .. just wait!!!!

but you're right it all goes fast ... some(most)times I am grateful for this but other times its nice to just sit back and just watch- hoping to remember the sweet moment later on... much later on

Anonymous said...

You do what you gotta do. I don't play music that much either, and M loves it. Dances and sings. Oh, well. Motoring. And I suspect those kiddos find their own way to their loves, no matter what we do!

Tess said...

Is it me, or is making bottles the most hateful task EVER? Ugg, I hated it. It was the LAST thing I felt like doing after AD was finally down for the night.