Tuesday, July 22

Adding lots of new words to this page while I eat lunch*

*coherence is not guaranteed

You guys, the coffee poetry is SO FUN! Thanks for indulging me and not scoffing at my silly whim. Here is my contribution:

Despair. Home brewed stuff.
No Latte for me today:
We're pinching pennies.

My Starbucks and fish tacos had to be skipped today, since we're trying to end the month on a banking high note with no unnecessary expenditures. Sigh. I say Starbucks IS necessary, but some might disagree. (I mean, I joke that it's necessary. I know that it's not. It hit home last night at dinner when we pulled the old tried-n-true "there are starving kids" argument for AJ, to get him to eat his mashed potatoes, and I had to tell him that EVERY DAY, we have enough to eat. MORE than enough, even. And some people don't so we have to be thankful and enjoy our food and not waste it.) Blah-buh-dee money cakes. Next topic!

KT baby is teething. I can feel the first little sharp puppy-tooth on the bottom gum. It's so cool! I had the same feeling about discovering her new tooth as I have about the very first hint of a pregnancy. All, "Ooh, congratulations, a new LIFE! A tiny little BUD inside you! And, WOW, I can't believe it. *big eyed wonder*" And then, as she proceeded through the day refusing to be put down, I was not AS charmed. It was a long one. It definitely made me want to consider 5 days of daycare for her, instead of just three, which made me sad re: paragraph 2 and the money cakes. AND losing those 2 days working at home with her, of course.

Last night I got all motivated and filled several plastic bins with either "12 month" or "6 to 9 months" clothes, instead of leaving them all strewn down at the bottom of the basement stairs. It felt good. I swear, that is one of the things no one tells you to work into your new Mommy schedule: switching out clothes. ARGH! They go through them sooooo fast during this first year. I am JUST getting her 3-month stuff rotated in, and it's almost time (she's 5 months) to rotate it back out! Also, she is in the 50-75th percentile for height and weight, whereas AJ is in the 5-10th, so I have to change my mindset a little bit, and rotate things in AHEAD rather than BEHIND her actual age. So! Keep up, Mama!

Hey, to go with our coffee theme, I present to you: "If Donuts Could Talk:"

- Move over, creampuff.
- Bite me.
- Coffee goes right through me!
- Don't mind him, he's Danish.
- There's nothing cruller than being all boxed in like this.
- Shut your hole.
- What's the glazed look on her?

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHA. (Credit goes to the genius at Carlton Cards who created my birthday greeting card "From the Office" this year. You know, one of those with a little "thought balloon" for each donut in the photo, to represent that there are many office-mates.) I've kept it around since June because it still makes me laugh.

I just ate the juiciest nectarine. It was slightly chilled, but not too much, and the perfect level of sweetness. YUM.

3 comments:

Misty said...

I *particularly* liked the coffee haiku idea myself. So glad to participate.

And I so hear ya on the switching out the clothes because they grow too darn FAST ordeal. So hear ya.

Swistle said...

The clothing rotation! Aaaagh! It almost makes me want to buy all new clothes in season for each child, rather than having to manage the handmedowns and bought-aheads.

I'm sure that nectarine was delish, but it was hard to imagine after reading about DOUGHNUTS, YUM.

MaryB said...

the doughnut talk cracked me up!!!

Thanx for the laugh!

Sorry about the teething. God blass orajel and gripe water.