- Dinnertime. We're doing pretty well. Someone suggested gently that I might have been trying to tackle too many problems at once, with my new rules. But it's worked for the most part. AJ knows that he only gets three warnings for good behavior, and if he uses them all up he generally gets down from the table without a fuss. He sometimes asks to watch TV at those times and fusses about being told no, but usually moves on. I don't know if he's eating more or less food -- I'm not supposed to be counting bites, remember? Just letting him determine if he's had enough. But I'm giving him dessert as part of his meal, whenever he's done.
- Health kick. I am happy to report that after vacation, I began a diet in earnest. After 1 week of consuming 500 fewer calories than I burned, each day (exercising 3 days) I've lost 1 pound. It doesn't seem like much, but it is the right way to lose weight (slowly), and I'm trying to make these changes real habits, without depriving myself too much. I really vary what I'm eating, and how the calories go in -- for example, on Tuesday I might have a planned lunch where I know I'm going to eat more, and therefore my calories may be more around 16- or 1700, then the next day I will pull it back and maybe only have 1400 calories. I wish my tummy would just magically flatten, but I know that's not realistic. Slow and steady wins the race. My parents are trying NutriSystems, so we're having fun keeping each other updated.
- Working part-time. My last Friday off (maternity leave) is this week. Then it is back to full-time, all the time for me, despite my continuous talk-talk-talky-talk about part-time. ...the crappy economy, hello. I feel like we need to stockpile more money right now, instead of earning less. AND I learned this morning on NPR just how firmly I/we sit in the middle-middle-class, earnings-wise. I'll still keep KT Baby with me on my work-from-home days and hope that our work slow-down continues enough that I don't have to feel guilty for only putting in about 5 real hours of work on those days. (*praying my manager has lost or forgotten this blog address, which I accidentally revealed to him recently*)
- KT baby. At her four month check-up, she was 14 pounds. She has not yet rolled over, but often tries. She is now taking around 6 ounces at each feeding, and we have tried rice cereal a few times. I'm excited about baby food. :) Hee hee. I still do not have a Bumbo seat and wonder EVERY time I go to Target if I should just fork out the 40 bucks, already, because she does like to sit upright. It's almost time to get out the exersaucer. She has discovered board books and really likes to chew on them. I'm going to really try to incorporate a bedtime routine with her, starting next week.
a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Thursday, July 10
Leave me hanging
I often fail to update the ol' blog properly. Looking back over the archives, I see the following topics that need closure:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Grayson loved to be sitting or standing, all the time, so at 4 months we started putting him in the exersaucer ... man did that kid ever love his exersaucer.
I have always thought that it is the QUALITY of work you do, more than the QUANTITY of time put in to said work, that makes the bigger difference. If you can get all of your work done, and well, in those 5 hours? Then it shouldn't matter. ESPECIALLY if you are salaried and not hourly.
Ditto the quality v. quantity moo mentions with regards to the work!
Also, did NPR break it down into like income brackets or something? Although, i really should stop listening to woeful news re the economy and oil prices seeing as how the only beread winner 'round here is in he VERY WRONG line of work...Its only goign to give me ulcers and heartbun.
My kids LOVED the exersaucer - for exactly ONE day! Im jealous of those whose kiddos like it.
I want you to know that I actually clicked the link and listened to the NPR thing - b/c like maryb I am in a state of panic of our sole income being in an industry on the verge of total disaster.
I am glad AJ is doing beter with dinnertime b/c ours is terrible and I take FULL resposiblity.
Were the bumbo things not around for AJ and Collin? Its like I didnt hear about them till about a year ago or so?!?!?
Dude. I will SO send you our Bumbo seat, if you want to try it out without paying 40 bucks. We're way past using it and while Thomas recently rediscovered his and it was HILARIOUS watching him try to get in it. It's mostly funny because he has such chunky thighs and tends to get stuck!
Post a Comment