Tuesday, July 15

No time for crying!

Well, folks, my pity party had to end abruptly because AJ is sporting the same fever virus that KT had last week. He's zonked out on the couch now and I've come home for an afternoon of working from home, again. Which, can I just say it is ANNOYING that teleworking options even exist in this case, because ten years ago it would have been an actual "sick day" for whichever parent stayed home, not an "OMG trying furiously to squeeze in work when I'm not administering Tylenol day." I make no excuses if I can't get to everything on my To-Do list today, but DANG it'd be nice to be able to devote 100% of my energy to either the kids or the job, GAAAHHWWWD.

It's also annoying that we might have to figure out our work schedule again tomorrow, due to that pesky 24-hour daycare rule. I guess it will be me, again, working from home. And rearranging an appointment (wherein I was hoping to impress a potential associate, there goes THAT), and not having access to all the company's servers, etc. etc. blah blah frustrating blah.

I guess I am grateful that I won't necessarily get canned for being absent too much. I guess.

I did buy one new bra and some underwear today. (Howdy, perv Googlers! Sorry, No P*R*0*N here.) I'm sure it will make me feel better as you all suggested, and I'm also sure you're SO GLAD that YOU KNOW. Heh. I am good entertainment.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious. Really. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean re: working from home vs. sick day. Although with my husband, when he's home sick, he makes life generally miserable for ALL involved. So there's that, too.

nicole said...

I hate how accessible employees are expected to be these days and I am not even one of them. Husband has a Blackberry and he sells mortagages for a living. Because his sales reps (for the builder) work on weekends, they expect him to be available on the weekends. He takes calls in the evenings and the weekends. It is so frustrating!

I hope your little man gets better quickly. And, your pacakge is finally on its way to you, so by the end of the week things should be looking up!

Tess said...

Man, that 24-hour rule BEATS ME DOWN, like on the reg. SIGH.

Julie said...

The 24-hour rule sucks. Is there someone who could come stay with the baby just for you to go to your meeting?

Mandy said...

ummm - you're going to hate me after the blog I JUST posted


[AND FYI I hate when I read comments that say something to the effect of "that's funny, go read my blog at wwwDOTpimpingmyselfonotherpeoplesblogcommentsDOTcom and I am NOT trying to be that person, I just find the irony of our "STUFF" ammusing!!

Swistle said...

When I worked at a daycare, one thing that cheesed all us employees off is that it was always---ALWAYS---ALWAYS--the moms who came to get the kids if the kids were sick. ALWAYS. One mom said to us, when she had to leave work three times in about a week and a half to pick up her sick baby, "Are you TRYING to get me fired?" And we understood her pique (not that it made it okay to talk to us like that), but we also thought, "Could your HUSBAND perhaps take half of these, so you'd be in less trouble at work?"

*pant pant rant rant*

Swistle said...

Oh, also: after I left the daycare, I made a nice part-time living for awhile babysitting sick kids. It's a GREAT idea for a job, because it's a niche that really needs filling. I'd go to people's houses and take care of kids who couldn't go back to daycare for the 24 hour rule: usually the kids were perfectly fine by then, or else they had something like chicken pox that I wouldn't catch.

el-e-e said...

Julie, we racked our BRAINS for all the teachers we know who might be free tomorrow, but all of them have kids, or are out of town! Bah. And only one relative in town, but she's not only an hour's suburb away, but also a germophobe, so I wouldn't dream of asking her.

Swistle, I wonder where wonderful sick-kid babysitters like your former self advertise on the 'net?? HA! Fab idea. You were brilliant back then, too!

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be a better day.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/


Looking for photo ideas? Please visit 12 Photo Ideas To Try This Summer