Wednesday, July 2

OHHAI!

I'm back! I'm at work! My sister's coming to visit Saturday! And my fridge is trying to die!

That's the EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. (hat tip: Tessie.)

There's a lot I could tell you about our vacation, but on the other hand, you can probably picture it. A nice condo, white sand beaches, good friends and family around, and Texas brisket. (What? You don't eat brisket when you go to the beach?) For some darling photos, See Here. Hat tip: MB. Thanks to my Mom and Dad babysitting KT, we got plenty of time poolside. She enjoyed only fifteen minutes at the pool because her naptime always coincided with our being ready to head out. I know next year will be fun for her at 16 months, though.

I actually read a WHOLE BOOK! It was Ice Bound: A Doctor's Incredible Battle for Survival at the South Pole, and it was just gripping. Really, it stayed in my mind for days after I finished it. I love books like that. Maybe I'll do a more in-depth review one day.

Noting one AJ-ism that repeatedly made me smile: In the pool, when he wanted help getting out, he'd say, "Mommy, give me a caboost." :)

My Google Reader says "1000+" y'all. Holy Moses. I am going to be playing ketchup for the next three weeks. Not to mention work is pretty busy, not to mention the aforementioned appliance situation. AND a 4-year-old's birthday to plan AND I need to have my neighbors over for dinner to thank them for collecting our mail while we were gone, etc. etc.

This post sounds a lot like the 2nd half of 2007, where I was stressed out all the time and never seemed to clear off the to-do list. What is UP, June through December?

4 comments:

MaryB said...

"ketchup" - hee-hee :)

Appliances - oh shit!

Still haven't done anything for our helpful neighbors either!

hang in there!

Tess said...

HAT TIP! I love that expression! Going to have to work that in.

Your vacation sounds so...VACATIONY! Love!

Julie said...

Your vacation sounds great and the pictures are so fun! We're getting a new frige today...Sears is having an appliance sale if you end up being in the market for a new one.

Mandy said...

I am soooo glad you all had a good time!!

and have a great time with your sister!!!!