Friday, November 13

7 Quick Takes


1. We've not been sleeping well.

2. On a happier note, we're going on a road trip this weekend. :) Well, it's a mostly happy note -- any road trip with two little guys is a hassle, to put it mildly. But we're going to my in-laws', and tomorrow MIL is going to take care of the kids while DH and I attend the Homecoming football game at his alma mater. I'm excited about the events. Not having attended a football school -- my college doesn't even have a team -- I don't really know what to expect. His school is not one of the BIG southern football schools, but still. We're playing a big rival, I'm going to meet a friend of his that I've heard about for YEARS but never seen in the flesh, and it's a full day of "Date-Night," with no cash-only bill at the end. Pretty awesome.

3. I think I mentioned we got iPhones 2 weeks ago. We're loving them. I downloaded a Grocery List app the other day and I'm itching to use it. Did you get that? I'm itching to make a grocery list and do the grocery shopping. Weird, no? It came in handy this morning when I used the last Equal packet, but didn't have time to write it down on the pad on the fridge (still transitioning from paper). After I got out the door and into the car, however, I quickly added it on the phone before I forgot. Anyone have a favorite App that I absolutely must get? Specifically a free one?

4. I tried Raspberry Zinger tea again this morning in reference to #1, and I just am NOT a tea person. Blech.

5. Okay, this is the epitome of DUMB: All this time, I've been operating under the assumption that my key-card for my office was NOT programmed with access to the workout room on the lower level of our building. I had heard you had to request it specifically, and never did. But today I was down on that level and thought, "Hmm...." Well, guess what? The door frakking OPENED, and I DO have access! There's all the typical equipment plus an ab ball and a TV. I am so damn excited (and forehead-smacky) about this I can't even tell you. The fire stairs thing hadn't been really calling my name lately so this will be a nice option. If I use it. No promises.

6. I am loving all of your NaBloPoMo posts. Thank you for entertaining me. I'm hopeful AT&T's 3G Network will accommodate me as we drive through Georgia tonight, so I can catch up with everyone. In-between seat-jumping and DVD-changing, of course.

7. By staying focused this morning, I've crossed 4 of the 5 main things off my list (work). Plus 2 blog posts. Here's to success. Happy weekend to everyone!

...more quick takes at Jen's...

4 comments:

Lenae said...

#1- Oh no! I hope you're all on the mend, and start getting more zzz's soon.

#2- Have fun! ...Well, after the whole getting-there part with two young children in the car. We're gearing up to do that (with 3!) next month... 13 hours... Oy.

#5- LOL! This made made me laugh harder than anything else today :)

nicole said...

Yea for a date day/night. We love going to football games for our school, even though we are terrible these days. I hope you have a great time.

I really want an iPhone but am trying to be responsible. But I might be asking for one for Christmas. Maybe.

Alice said...

hmm, i wonder if i can get a grocery app for my bberry??

i hope the trip was lovely, and that the in-car part was.. tolerable :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at the confession of not using your keycard under an assumption - not AT you, mind, but WITH you because it's so absolutely something I would do.