Another great weekend, man. I don't know what is different this year, but Operation December-Sans-Stress is really working for me.
Oh wait, I just remembered I'm not having anyone stay at my house this year, for the first time in, let's see... three years?! Instead we're descending upon my Mom, which is probably why she's unusually anxious this year. Sorry, Mom! Transferred all of my angst down to you, I guess.
Anyway, after a late evening -- my friend, her husband, and their 6-week-old stopped by on their way to Florida last night -- I had a lovely realization: I got to spend a grateful few moments holding each of the 3 members of my family yesterday.
AJ and I had gone to Mass together in the morning, and during one part while we adults were kneeling, he cozied up in front of me and let me put my arms around him for several minutes. I was so happy to have a moment to say prayers of gratitude just for him... my little man, my firstborn.
At naptime, KT pulled her usual and wouldn't sleep in the crib in broad daylight, so I sat with her in the rocking chair for an hour or so. I snoozed, too, but just watching her sleep, feeling her little breaths, smelling her hair... I had intended to be finishing up laundry during that time, but on the other hand... no. It was perfect, and such a blessing to just be in that moment.
And then at 10:30 when it was time for bed, having the perfect someone to curl up and get warm with, thankful for each other and our happy little life. :)
Three sweet hugs to cherish, all on one day. Best gifts I'll get this year, I'm certain.
3 comments:
Beautiful. Must live in the moment throughout this season. I'm doing better than I ever have. What's up with that? Not that I feel blessed every moment - I mean, the girl has plenty of the terrible twos - but overall, things are great. On your previous post -- I can't imagine a 2.5 hour program. That's insanity right there.
Awwww. So sweet.
This made me sniffly. What lovely gifts to keep each day!
Post a Comment