Thursday, February 11

Quick posty before worky

So much to doooooo! So much to doooooo! I miss blogging with purpose. That is, blogging other than just to "say hi" or record events for posterity. I remember when I used to actually WRITE here.

Oh well. Blog Guilt-Free! Moving on: I woke up today with 2 things to look forward to: lunch with 2 coworkers at a Mexican place (yum), and my parents' arrival tonight (and probably dinner out, as well). Yay! They're coming for KT's birthday weekend! She's TWO! So hard to believe, but on the other hand, a lot has happened in those 2 years, and she did say this morning, "I wannna wear Pink Dress," so she must be two, because babies can't say such adorable, grown-up things. Also, I would like to go shopping nowkthanks.

We're doing pink and yellow for the family-only party, due to KT's wish for a Sponge Bob cake. Perils of having an older brother, I guess. She is super excited about her "Bir-day com-eenup."

I feel like AJ has been getting ignored by me lately. I know it isn't true, and that 2 years ago I wailed things like, "When will he EVAR learn to play by himself so I don't have to entertain him?!?" I guess that's what has happened, Thank Heavens, and I'm certain I can look forward to more loosening of those apron strings as time continues to go by. But my Mom-guilt won't let it happen without saying something: I hope I pay enough attention to him. His Dad was army-volunteered to assistant coach T-ball this year, so that's some good father-son time he'll get, at least. DH said he really loves that they can sometimes hang out and just talk "like two dudes hanging out." I melted when he said that.

I think AJ's also getting taller. Finally! I mean, he's still a tiny little dude, but he's definitely growing some.

So, happy Valentine's weekend, and Birday weekend for us, and stay warm out there!

4 comments:

sdw said...

Oh, that's right! I thought I would always remember KT's exact birthday, because didn't I predict it or something? But the fact that I can't remember whether I "predicted it or something" shows the state of my memory. Happy Birthday, KT! (You've done a great job with AJ. I'm certain he isn't getting ignored. He's growing up! Oh, no! And yay!)

Anonymous said...

I have that same feeling about my 5 year old boy. Some days I am begging him to "go play in the toy room with all your many toys" so that I can sit alone, cook dinner, etc. But lately I've had a weird feeling when he has not been around because he's spending weekend time on outside projects with his dad or we get together with friends and he's off playing with their kids during the whole visit, etc. Don't get me wrong - I love when he is doing those things and yearn for breaks like those -- but if days go by when I don't have a lot of one-on-one time, I get a bit of a sad feeling that we haven't "connected" in a while. I guess that is also related to the fact that our 15 month old daughter makes 'quality' time with him almost impossible these days. Even when he is there, I can't focus on him because of her busyness (ever tried legos, puzzles, reading with an active baby around that wants to be in the middle of EVERYTHING? :-)

Anyway - just wanted to say "I get it".

Laura

nicole said...

2! How did it get here so fast? My little girl has no idea her birthday is coming up, which I guess means we have failed to build up the event. A small family party is all that is planned (and some Etsy shopping by Mommy, buy maybe not until next month). AJ will let you know when he needs some attention.

Anonymous said...

Happy "birday" KT! Can't wait to see pictures of the grown-up girl!

(The "I wanna wear pink dress!" cracked me up - we hear lots of opinions like that in our house as well!)