--- Whew. That was rough. I didn't eat for 2 days. I supposedly lost 4.5 pounds. I am grateful that's over, and REALLY grateful that I have a husband who took care of me and handled the household while I was sick and useless!
--- I am still loving T-ball. Probably more than the T-ball player, himself, at this point. Last night's game, although it was at 7 pm (LET ME RESTATE: TOO LATE FOR 5-6 YR-OLDS!), was amazing. These kids have finally come together as a team, each one doing his or her part, playing with and FOR each other. They still fall over their feet sometimes, or play in the outfield dirt -- it's still Little League after all -- but they also score their first home runs. Not AJ, but his teammate MC, one of the older boys on the team who works really hard and LOVES baseball. SMACKED one over the fence. His Dad jumped up and down. Team Mom opened the dugout door and all the other kids ran to home plate to congratulate him as he came home. Big moment! It. Was. Awesome. I nearly cried for a kid who's not even my own! (Am nearly crying now, typing it up.) It's just enormously fun, watching kids grow up.
And P.S. opposing team coaches: Trash-talk is not cool at this age. Come On. DH tells me that the kid standing on the pitcher's mound (who wasn't pitching - this is coach-pitch baseball, and DH is our pitcher) was saying all kinds of rude things about each of our batters. "Oooh, bummer, a GIRL." when our pink-helmeted Caroline was up, and "Oh look, a 2-year old!" at AJ's turn. NOT COOL, coaches. There's no place for that crap in wholesome family t-ball. Rrrr. Mama Bear.
--- The weather. Finally spring. Last night it was 74 beautiful degrees for our game. Perfection.
--- Quiet week at work so I can be sick, and now in the last part of the week, accomplish some important lunchtime errands. Sigh..... errands. Oh well, grateful I have them.
5 comments:
Hey! So sorry I missed you when you were shopping nearby! Bummer! Glad you are better.
Glad you are feeling better.
A home run is exciting! My little guy is not in coach pitch yet, I'm kind of surprised AJ is. Our town doesn't start coach pitch until 7 yo and up I think.
I hate coaches who demonstrate poor sportsmanship. Can really ruin the experience.
I'm glad you're better!
Wish we'd been there for the ball game. I know it was exciting. Hooray for AJ's coaches for teaching and demonstrating good sportsmanship!
Nicole, it surprised us, too. We thought T-ball would be... um, TEE BALL. Heh. They get 4 pitches and then the tee. Might as well try, I guess!
Sherry, I was sorry to have missed you, too! Next time, definitely. :)
the trashtalking is making me all angry and bristly from here, and i don't even have children! so! inappropriate! argh! i'm glad the fun parts far outweighed that :-)
Post a Comment