Friday, May 14

7 Quick Takes Friday (because it's been a while!)


School's Almost Out for Summer edition!



1. I am contemplating a schedule change. This probably deserves a much longer post, but I think I want to alter my work schedule before the next school year. I realized late last month that I really don't want my kids to spend the entirety of their lives going to After-care. We see the other kids in our neighborhood playing outside when we pull into our driveway at 5:00 pm. It's just not fair that AJ doesn't get to do that. I mean, he DOES... they play outside at After-care... but... well, you know. All the Arguments. Again, it's probably more for MY comfort than for his, but I'm contemplating. Maybe I'll save the details and have something substantial for my next post. Wouldn't that be novel?!

2. Nearly had a panic attack this week about Money. Lots of things we want to do, like the Anniversary Trip next year, the New Car we'll probably need next year, Kitchen Cabinets/Countertops (please?), and then I thought, "ACK. What about when KT enters St. J's Catholic School?? I can't afford a TEN-thousand dollar payment! Ackackackack bring my smelling salts..." All this came about because I had to sign the form saying I'll pay for AJ's school next year. Took me a while to realize that, OH YEAH, I already pay that much over the course of the year, with AJ's tuition plus KT's daycare. Duh. Actually I think it will be a slight decrease when she gets to Kindergarten. Whew.

3. Except it will be double all the extra t-shirt fees, and books, and uniformsOMG and incidentals like the 2nd-grade charity bake sale and the 2x/year book fair. Yeesh. Money. Can't live with it, can't shoot it. Or something.

4. If your choices today were a) compose an e-newsletter, b) prep for a sales-y phone call tomorrow, c) research some scientific cancer news or d) make calls to sell ad space in your magazine... which would you choose? IKNOWRIGHT? Terrible choices.

5. I think we have AJ's summer schedule figured out. He'll spend a week-ish with my parents, right before we meet them down there on the oily Gulf Coast for Beach Week (or, Pool Week, as it were). And then in mid-July, he'll spend a week with DH's parents in Savannah. I think he's super excited about both. I am going to miss that kid like CRAZY when he's gone, I already know it.

6. Although I haven't written the check yet, I have thought I want us to join the Home Owners' Ass'n this summer, for use of the neighborhood pool. This may also inform #1 re: my schedule. Hmmm.

7. I was recently asked to help with the music for Vacation Bible School. It's during Beach Pool Week, however. AND there's the unfortunate fact of my job. Mornings from 8-12 kiiiinda wouldn't work. SO BUMMED. I adored VBS when I was a kid.

More Quick Takes at Jen's.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Work choices don;t sound so bad, I'd pick the newsletter. I did mine last night from home. yipee. Good luck with summer plans and schedule changes.

Anonymous said...

Newsletter, hands-down. I hate making work calls.

I'm excited for you re: your schedule. I hope that you can make it work out to what you need it to be; it feels so good when you can work in some flexibility, doesn't it?

Lastly, EEK on the school/daycare fees. It's so expensive, all of it, isn't it? Don't tell me about all the extras because I am just now beginning to realize that Madeline is coming up on 3, which is officially Preschool Age.

MaryB said...

"Pool Week".......truer words never spoken! LOL!

Madame Queen said...

We're nervous about our gulf coast vacation too. We've never gone to the gulf before and wouldn't you know this would happen the year we decide to head down there. Crossing my fingers that the oil slick stays away.

As for the work stuff, sometimes I'll just go ahead and get the one I dread the most out of the way. Then I don't have it hanging over my head anymore and the rest done seem so bad after that.

Emily said...

"ACk" is such a great word for having to think about money! I think I would also choose A) compose a newsletter.

Thanks for visiting!!

Tami said...

Money drives me crazy too. And I'm glad I'm not the only one in kooky mode trying to figure out summer. I hope it turns out to be super for you.