Tuesday, May 18

We interrupt this broadcast...

We have had 2 full nights now with no pacifier, and one nap on Sunday.

The infamous "Invisible Blue-y," so named by AJ, I think, to distinguish it from another "Blue-y," disappeared rather conveniently at a party we attended over the weekend. (This particular Paci has a history of disappearace. It lived between the floor and the couch of my parents' living room from December 31 until around April!) I had been talking to some of the other moms at the party about needing to RID ourselves of this habit. MY habit, not necessarily KT's. I'm completely responsible. Paci-Fairy, Build-A-Bear, Something needed to happen. (In case you haven't heard this GENIUS idea, a friend of a friend took her 3-year-old to Build-A-Bear, kissed the pacifier, and handed it over to be sewn up with the heart and the stuffing into a brand-new bear! GENIUS.)

Then something did happen. A total accident, I swear: After a day's worth of playing, we couldn't FIND Paci when it was time to leave. KT cried and cried, but there was nothing we could do.

And she is doing fine so far. A couple of whimpers, but nothing that can't be deflected with a toy or some juice.


--Reporting from Mommyblogland.

4 comments:

maggie said...

I AM VERY INVESTED IN THIS RESPONSE. Tell KT to think good thoughts for Jack!

ya-ya ma said...

Sweet KT! It is so hard to grow up!

bessie.viola said...

Oh my goodness, my heart is literally POUNDING just at the thought of this.

But... but... but... KT and Maddie are just about the same age! Say it isn't so!

Good for you guys though. I'm going to need to hear more as it develops.

Lee said...

bessie, i have been so proud of YOU every time I read that Maddie only has hers at naps and ni-nights. We had attempted that a few months ago, and then SLLLLLLID back down the slippery slope. Actually KT had figured out where the Paci was kept. When she came home from school every day she'd grin and go, "I goin' a get pa-pa. I be wight BACK."

This was SUCH a (happy) accident.