I was just doing some research on the South Beach Diet website, debating whether or not to sign up for their online tools. I'm probably buying the book today.
In my subsequent click, I searched for a slow-cooker Buffalo Wings recipe, since I have a package of wings in my freezer this week. HA! (Didn't find one -- I'll likely marinate, then grill them. I guess that might even fit into the South Beach scenario, sort-of.) It just felt funny to look up a diet and then look up WINGS.
Anyway, I feel like I need a food PLAN. I not only NEED, but WANT some new recipes for dinners and lunches. I mean, I basically know how to cook more healthfully, but I resort instead to all my old habits. I was thinking Phase One of SBD might be a good idea, because lordy, have I had eaten some garbage lately. Dumb eating episodes like last night's Animal Crackers binge, for instance. Which was a "finish with something sweet" antidote to the chips-n-salsa episode ten minutes before. All that because I'd forced myself to eat a small dinner, since I'd had a giant fast-food lunch. SIGH.
I'm thinking the Intervention aspect of Phase One would stop all that nonsense in its tracks, if I could stick with it for 2 weeks. (Even though, according to the plan, I could technically start in Phase Two, having less than 10 pounds to lose.)
I know Mighty Maggie's a fan of the SBD. Anyone else tried it with success?
p.s. Changed my template because something weird was going on with it! I'll miss those big ol' flowers.
5 comments:
Yes, it worked for me. Even though I don't follow it anymore, I have stayed in the habit of choosing whole-grains over refined carbs. If only I could do better at avoiding sugar.
This template is very calm. Like it.
I haven't done SBD, but I have been watching AndreAnna at Diary of a Modern Matriarch as she takes on "primal eating" with much interest. It's working awesome for both her and her husband... enough that I'm considering it.
I need new recipes too... I'm so bored of all the food I eat.
I hate trying to figure out how to eat "healthy". It seems like every time I figure it out, I learn that something that *was* previously "healthy" is now DEATH ON A PLATE. Wheat, for example.
I hate being overweight, but dieting just makes me stress/obsess over food instead of enjoying it. GAH.
I've heard good things about South Beach. Let us know how it goes!
I am in a cooking rut. That is, when I actually cook. I can't take the mental challenge to actually try to plan diet-friendly meals though. I just try to reasonable about portions and such. Good luck!
What I liked about SBD was that it was STRAIGHTFORWARD. I always knew what was allowed and what wasn't. So it was EASY in that respect, you know? I don't follow it anymore, but my eating habits drastically changed (for the better!) because of it. Good luck lady!
Post a Comment