Tuesday, July 27

Jumping In?

I think I'm going to try it (South Beach Diet). Just had my cottage cheese and V8 for the morning. If I commit, I'm starting in Phase 2. Which is basically a good Weight Watchers-like, sensible diet plan. I don't really believe in Phase 1. I am wise to the fact that it's water weight that you're losing at first, and more important, I call bullshit on the idea that you can "eliminate" carby cravings completely. Don't think so. I will never stop loving Cheeze-Its, no matter how much lean turkey and string cheese I eat! While I would love to lose a quick 5 pounds and thus be extra motivated, I'm pretty much unwilling to give up apples and Triscuits. They are my workday staples and they're allowed in Phase 2.

Besides that, I only want to lose about 8 pounds and the FAQs say I don't have to start with Phase 1, in that case. So there. All hail the FAQs! I'm signed up for the free trial period online, and I can use the site for $20 through the end of August. That seems like a fair minimum amount to contribute towards better eating.

I'm happy that there are no calories to count. Giant relief. I am sick to death of trying to track calories/points. However, the idea that you only eat until you're satisfied is daunting. I eat very fast. I never really KNOW that I'm satisfied, until I'm past the point -- until I'm Very Full. So that will be the biggest challenge, I think.

I've got questions, of course, but scouring the Message Boards today to find answers. Is decaf coffee really required? Do grape tomatoes count or are they too sweet? Etc.

DH is worried he's going to have to eat "yucky stuff" to help me. He is sweet to be supportive but I'm not going to make him eat yucky stuff. It's fun to have a new project, even if it does continue the annoying, near-obsessive thinking about food. At least in the beginning.

1 comment:

Leandra said...

I hear you on the counting points/calories. That's why I could never get going with the Weight Watchers again. I told a friend that counting the points was "soul sucking".